We don’t know what the future of the space industry holds. Every week we see new companies coming to market, using space-based technology in new and exciting ways we had never imagined before. What we do know is that our industry is at the same inflexion point the internet was back when we went from dial-up to broadband. There are significant hurdles to overcome, and the heart of it all is mobility.
Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine near-space transportation. Redefine how we deliver assets to space, position satellites on orbit and return things down to Earth to enable the vibrant and circular space economy of the future. To do this, we build scalable, accessible and sustainable spaceflight technologies – technologies that are sustainable for not just the foreseeable future, but the unforeseeable future.
Director of Sales, Satellite Propulsion and Launch
As a director of sales, you will be responsible for selling green satellite propulsion systems and suborbital/orbital commercial launch services to new and existing customers including satellite operators and manufacturers with a focus on New Space, foreign governments and agencies, research organisations and scientists, and the pioneers of space exploration.
You will be given ownership of goals from start-to-finish and will operate with a great deal of autonomy. We believe in giving you the tools you need, then getting out of your way. You’ll help develop our sales strategy in partnership with the other sales directors and the executive team.
You must have the desire and ability to work in a young company – if you want a smooth and routine role; this role is not for you. But you will have the opportunity to demonstrate extreme ownership and be instrumental in Dawn’s commercial expansion.
This role may be located in Delft, The Netherlands or Christchurch, New Zealand depending on your location, network and preference.
- Sell Dawn satellite propulsion products and reusable suborbital/orbital launch services, manage customer relationships, and develop new sales opportunities.
- Gather customer requirements and interface with the engineering team to iterate and improve Dawn offerings.
- Obtain government grants for technology development.
- Meet with other sales directors and the executive team to develop sales strategies, review opportunities and assess current market/competitive landscapes.
- Execute pre-qualification due diligence of new sales opportunities and evaluate the financial and strategic benefit to Dawn Aerospace.
- Travel, as required, to other Dawn offices and customer locations as needed – up to ~25%.
- 8+ years of experience in business development or sales role.
- 3+ years of technical sales experience.
- Passion for our mission of sustainable, scalable and accessible spaceflight.
- Passion for leading teams and developing talent.
- Demonstrated track record of pursuing and closing large and complex deals.
- Experience in aerospace sales with an established network, preferably in North America and Europe.
- Experience with tender procedures of ESA, NASA and leveraging public-private partnership programs.
- Demonstrated execution and success with increasing profile, pipeline and bottom line.
- Gifted in the art of storytelling, design and communication to diverse audiences.
- MBA or master’s degree, with a business or engineering focus
- Completed the Miller Heiman’s Strategic Selling program (or similar).
- Strong analytical skills.
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner. We celebrate humanity.