Delivering hardware to space. Positioning satellites on orbit.
Dawn Aerospace is recruiting a Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Engineer to join our Mk-II spaceplane development team in Delft, the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to an exciting, fast-growing company in the aerospace industry and develop world-leading technology.
The role will involve developing simulation tools, GNC algorithms, flight software, and much more. There will be extensive interfacing with the other subsystem engineers of the spaceplane programme, and you will regularly participate in flight test debriefs and utilise data obtained from our flight test campaigns in New Zealand.
- Develop and improve the vehicle models used in software and hardware in the loop simulations, and for GNC algorithms design
- Vehicle stability and controllability analyses
- Develop flight control software
- Develop the vehicle GNC system architecture
- Develop GNC algorithms
- Test definition (software/hardware in the loop testing, as well as flight testing) to assess functionality and performance of GNC algorithms
- 2+ years relevant experience
- MSc. in systems and control, control and simulation, or other control-related fields
- Extensive knowledge of control algorithm design, system identification, and state estimation
- Knowledge of aircraft flight dynamics
- Proficiency in C/C++, Python, or MATLAB/Simulink
- Exposure to Linux in a development environment
- A highly responsible, collaborative individual, with a strong work ethic
- Industry-related experience
- Hands-on experience with programming and testing embedded systems
- Familiarity with a variety of communication protocols (I²C, SPI, CAN)
- Knowledge of robust control design methods
- Knowledge of launch vehicle trajectory design
- Exposure to air traffic avoidance algorithm development
- Exposure to Git best practices
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
If you are reliable, approachable, not afraid to roll up your sleeves, and are excited by the opportunity to build a fantastic team, please apply using the form on this page. In your application, please be sure to illustrate examples of your best work and what this achieved.
About Dawn Aerospace
Every week we see new companies coming to market, using space-based technology in new and exciting ways we had never before imagined. Our industry is at the same inflexion point the internet was back when we went from dial-up to broadband, but there are some significant hurdles to overcome.
Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine near-space transportation. Redefine how we deliver assets to space, position satellites on orbit and return things down to Earth to enable the vibrant and circular space economy of the future. To do this, we build scalable, accessible and sustainable spaceflight technologies – technologies that are sustainable for not just the foreseeable future, but the unforeseeable future.