Delivering hardware to space. Positioning satellites on orbit.
Dawn Aerospace is recruiting a Head of Composite Pressure Vessels (COPV) to join our in-space propulsion team in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to an exciting, fast-growing company in the aerospace industry and develop world-leading technology.
In this role your main responsibility is to initiate and lead the development and production of composite pressure vessels at Dawn Aerospace. You will take high level requirements and constrained budget and schedule, define a technology path and plan, build the team to execute the plan, and be responsible for making it all happen!
The role will have a high level of autonomy, but also demand a high level of self-sufficiency, pragmaticism and innovation to produce tanks that are dramatically better than what is otherwise available.
- Helping to define the scope of the first project(s) of the program within Dawn and estimate what is reasonably possible within the constraints of time and funds.
- Helping to define the long-term goals and governing principles that the composites pressure vessel program is aiming towards.
- Defining the technology path and development plan and identifying key risks and mitigation strategies.
- To build and manage a high-performance team to execute the plan.
- Responsible for the achievement of the key objectives of the program.
- Focal point for all COPV development to internal teams, customers, partners and suppliers.
- Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience with full COPV development cycle, preferably for space applications.
- Project/subcontract management experience.
- Experience in organizing a team, overseeing workload and setting of priorities.
- A real team player with strong interpersonal skills and a strong quality orientation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a dedication to achieving results on time.
- A good command of English, both written and spoken.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace