Delivering hardware to space. Positioning satellites on orbit.
We are looking for an exceptional Project Manager with a practical, can-do attitude to join our in-space propulsion team in Delft, The Netherlands.
In this role, you will be responsible for the successful and timely delivery of satellite propulsion systems to our rapidly growing customer portfolio. Current customers include the likes of D-Orbit, the Indonesian Space Agency, and a large number of yet-to-name constellations. Projects include both recurring production and custom developments.
Dawn’s satellite propulsion business is forecast to more than double during 2022. Based on current units in space and in production, we’re fast on track to become the number one supplier of green-chemical propulsion systems globally.
We move fast, provide exceptional customer experiences, deliver what we say we will, and love to change industry norms.
- Manage a portfolio of in-space propulsion projects – driving schedules and delivering flight hardware on time
- Ensure all mission requirements, purposes, objectives, and expectations are managed and communicated team-wide
- Develop project plans – responsible for overall mission leadership, including appropriate planning, direction, guidance, and budget
- Identify, track and remove bottlenecks for our customers and the Dawn engineering teams
- Develop best practices for new customer onboarding and project management
Travel, as needed, to other Dawn offices and customer locations – up to ~25%
Deliver an exceptional customer experience
- 5+ years of experience in the design of satellite systems
- Demonstrated ability leading small spacecraft missions
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams
- A degree in aerospace, mechanical, or systems engineering (or similar)
- Experience with the spacecraft design process
- Experience in the application of systems engineering methods
- Demonstrated ability to flexibly and positively deal with evolving project constraints
- Ability to filter information to focus on key aspects and maintain and close attention to detail
- Familiar with spacecraft design standards and quality management systems
- Experience in systems engineering tools in a spacecraft design context
- A sense of urgency
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, or similar
- Experience with computer-aided design, preferably SolidWorks
- Familiarity with lightweight engineering
- Manufacturing and production experience
- Working in a geographically widespread team
- Demonstrated experience in effectively and appropriately balancing performance, resource use, risk, cost, and schedule
- Strong analytical skills