We are developing scalable and sustainable space transportation technology to become the backbone of the near-space economy. We are redefining how we deliver hardware to space, position assets on orbit and return products to Earth. We do this to serve humanity for decades to come, without harming our environment in the process.
We are looking for high calibre science and engineering students to join our Netherlands internship program, based in Delft, The Netherlands.
You can expect to be involved in our Mk-II spaceplane project, supporting senior engineers in developing our core flight technology or working on ancillary systems.
A large part of the internship will be focused on the production and testing of real flightworthy components, in particular the composite structure of the airframe.
You will be given resource and responsibility to complete your projects from start to finish. This will typically require you to research, design, build, test and prove a particular system or subsystem. Some past examples include reaction control engines, UAV recovery parachute and deployment systems, production/test/support infrastructure, etc. Compared to a lot of internships, you will be given big goals and supported by senior engineers to achieve them.
- You must be legally permitted to work in the Netherlands.
- You must meet Dawn and other National Security requirements.
- What are the qualifications and skillsets Dawn are looking for, when awarding internships?
- Must be currently be studying either Mechanical, Mechatronics, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- 7.5 grade average or higher
- Hands-on experience with things that fly or other high performance vehicles
- At least half way through their bachelors degree
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
When are Dawn Aerospace intern opportunities available?
Interns must be available full time for a minimum of 12 weeks (24 weeks is preferred).
Which Netherlands locations will Dawn Aerospace Interns be located?
Can students pursuing their Master’s or PhD degree be eligible for intern opportunities?
Can students who study at a University of Applied Sciences be eligible for Intern opportunities?
Are international students eligible to apply to Intern opportunities?
Yes, providing you are legally allowed to work in the Netherlands.
What do you recommend should be included on my 2-page resume?
In addition to your contact information, all applicants should please include:
- University degree and major(s), cumulative GPA, and graduation date
- All prior relevant projects, internships or jobs
- Skills like MATLab, CNC, composite manufacture, CFD, Solidworks, welding, manual lathe, etc
*Note : All resumes should be a max length of 2-pages.
What do you recommend should be included on my cover letter?
Give specific examples of what sets you apart and why you want to be with Dawn. Remember, everyone here is a “quick learner” and “loves space”.
What is the Intern Program interview process like?
Candidates selected to interview will undergo a variety of technical screens. Depending upon which group you interview with, you may also be required to complete a quiz, project, or programming test. Our best advice is to be prepared to tell us about your greatest technical achievements and the challenges you faced. In addition, how did you specifically innovate and take your project to the next level? Be prepared to discuss in depth your individual contribution to projects.
Are Internships opportunities paid and can I receive course credit for them?
Internships at Dawn Aerospace are paid, and can also be used to satisfy course credit at the discretion of your university. Please note that as an intern you may work on proprietary, sensitive projects; as such, we may have to censor or limit presentations, papers, or reports on the work you complete at Dawn Aerospace. However, we are happy to confirm the dates of your employment and provide an overview of the types of experience you received.