Dawn Aerospace is looking for an exceptional Assembly, Integration & Test (AIT) Engineer with a practical, can-do attitude to join our in-space propulsion team in Delft, The Netherlands.
In this role, you will be responsible for the AIT of Dawn’s satellite propulsion systems ranging from CubeSat up to 1-tonne class. Utilizing Dawn’s high-performance green propellant architecture, all systems are assembled, integrated and tested in house. Travel to customer facilities for integration and support should be expected.
- Assembly, integration and test activities of satellite propulsion systems.
- Writing of AIT documentation like integration procedures, test procedures and test reports.
- Procurement of necessary equipment and subsequent quality control and acceptance testing of incoming goods.
- Manage in-house and external manufacturing.
- Work with System Design Engineers to ensure all production data is accurate and complete.
- Schedule and communicate production activities.
- Customer handover/delivery.
- 2+ years experience in hands-on AIT activities on highly complex systems, like semiconductor equipment, satellites, astronomy equipment, flight simulators, aircraft maintenance, or similar.
- Proven oral and written communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and engineering professionals.
- Capable of working effectively in collaborative team environments and by yourself.
- The ability to adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Working with a quality management system that meets ISO9001.
- Production process development experience (e.g. Lean/6 sigma).
About Dawn Aerospace
Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine near-space transportation. Redefine how we deliver assets to space, position satellites on orbit, and return things down to Earth to enable the vibrant and circular space economy of the future. To do this, we build scalable, accessible, and sustainable spaceflight technologies – technologies that are sustainable for not just the foreseeable future, but the unforeseeable future.
The company has achieved a series of significant milestones in the past 12 months, including launching 27 propulsion units to space from Europe, the USA, and Russia, and completing the successful first flights of the suborbital spaceplane, the Dawn Mk-II Aurora. Dawn was named Hi-Tech Startup Company of the Year (2020) and won the Supreme Award for medium/large business at the Westpac Champion Business Awards 2021.
Current customers include the likes of D-Orbit, the Indonesian Space Agency, and a large number of yet-to-name constellations. Dawn’s satellite propulsion business is forecast to more than double during 2022. Based on current units in space and in production, we’re fast on track to become the number one supplier of green-chemical propulsion systems globally.
Apply for this Job
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you. For any questions you might have before applying or if you would like to have a general conversation about Dawn Aerospace, you can contact our Recruiter, Harald van Klaveren on +31(0) 6 1464 7117
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner.