Delivering hardware to space. Positioning satellites on orbit.
Dawn Aerospace is recruiting a Customer Success Manager to join the in-space propulsion team in Delft, the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to an exciting, fast-growing company in the space industry and develop world-leading technology.
Dawn designs, develops and builds bespoke satellite propulsion systems, but also has a growing portfolio of recurring systems and components. For these standardized products we are looking for someone who will be responsible to provide a controlled and predictable execution of the delivery of the product to the customer. This plays a vital role in boosting the user experience by ensuring the smooth and on-time delivery of top-notch propulsion products that meet and exceed customer demands.
In this role you manage a portfolio of new and existing customers for standardized products. When a new propulsion customer is brought on by our sales department, you step in as the central contact point and are responsible for communications with and reporting to the relevant in- and external stakeholders, until the delivery of the product. You act as a liaison to the customer, making sure they have a flawless experience. This includes managing expectations with regards to lead times and expected product features.
- New customer onboarding and management of expectations.
- Be the focal point that connects customers with Dawn’s internal teams.
- Identify, track, and improve challenges faced by all teams.
- Customer communication regarding lead times, deliveries and expected product features.
- Contribute to reviews, evaluations and product road map activities.
- Meeting regularly with sales. Ensure they have the proper messaging and materials to sell the product and gather feedback from customers and prospects.
- Ensure customers have a seamless and high-quality experience with Dawn
- Travel, as required, to other Dawn offices and customer locations as needed, up to ~25%
- A degree in Aerospace, Mechanical engineering, or similar
- 3+ years of commercial experience, business development or sales in a technical product environment.
- Experience with aerospace companies, with an established network in North America and Europe.
- Demonstrated track record in project management, effectively and appropriately balancing performance, resource use, risk, cost, and schedule.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Experience of systems engineering tools in a spacecraft design context
About Dawn Aerospace
- Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine near-space transportation. Redefine how we deliver assets to space, position satellites on orbit, and return things down to Earth to enable the vibrant and circular space economy of the future. To do this, we build scalable, accessible, and sustainable spaceflight technologies – technologies that are sustainable for not just the foreseeable future, but the unforeseeable future.
- The company has achieved a series of significant milestones in the past 12 months, including launching 27 propulsion units to space from Europe, the USA, and Russia, and completing the successful first flights of the suborbital spaceplane, the Dawn Mk-II Aurora. Dawn was named Hi-Tech Startup Company of the Year (2020) and won the Supreme Award for medium/large business at the Westpac Champion Business Awards 2021.
- Current customers include the likes of D-Orbit, the Indonesian Space Agency, and a large number of yet-to-name constellations. Dawn’s satellite propulsion business is forecast to more than double during 2022. Based on current units in space and in production, we’re fast on track to become the number one supplier of green-chemical propulsion systems globally.
Apply for this Job
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you. For any questions you might have before applying or if you would like to have a general conversation about Dawn Aerospace, you can contact our Recruiter, Harald van Klaveren on +31(0) 6 1464 7117 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace