We are looking for an exceptional Systems Design Engineer with a practical, can-do attitude to join our in-space propulsion team in Delft, The Netherlands.
In this role, you will be responsible for the full design and development cycle of in-space propulsion systems for our growing portfolio of customers, including both recurring production and custom developments.
Dawn’s satellite propulsion business is forecast to more than double during 2022. Based on current units in space and in production, we’re fast on track to become the number one supplier of green-chemical propulsion systems globally.
- Requirement’s identification, definition, and management.
- Development of system concepts from high-level requirements.
- Design and analysis of green propulsion systems.
- Support in AIT activities.
- Support the commercial and management team in project planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Interface management and other aspects of systems engineering.
- A MSc. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of space systems.
- Experience with the spacecraft design process.
- Experience in the application of systems engineering methods.
- Experience with MATLAB, Python or similar.
- Experience with computer-aided design, preferably SolidWorks.
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with evolving project constraints flexibly and positively.
- Ability to filter information to focus on key aspects and maintain and close attention to detail.
Desired qualifications and experience
- Familiar with spacecraft design standards and quality management systems
- Experience in systems engineering tools in a spacecraft design context
- Familiarity with lightweight engineering
- Manufacturing and production experience
- Working in a geographically widespread team
- Demonstrated experience in effectively and appropriately balancing performance, resource use, risk, cost, and schedule
- Strong analytical skills
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you. For any questions you might have before applying or if you would like to have a general conversation about Dawn Aerospace, you can contact our Recruiter, Harald van Klaveren on +31(0) 6 1464 7117 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
About Dawn Aerospace
Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine near-space transportation. Redefine how we deliver assets to space, position satellites on orbit, and return things down to Earth to enable the vibrant and circular space economy of the future. To do this, we build scalable, accessible, and sustainable spaceflight technologies – technologies that are sustainable for not just the foreseeable future, but the unforeseeable future.
The company has achieved a series of significant milestones in the past 12 months, including launching 33 propulsion units to space and completing the successful first flights of the suborbital spaceplane, the Dawn Mk-II Aurora. Dawn was named Hi-Tech Startup Company of the Year (2020) and won the Supreme Award for medium/large business at the Westpac Champion Business Awards 2021.
Current customers include the likes of D-Orbit, , Pixxel, Blue Canyon, the Indonesian Space Agency, and a large number of yet-to-name constellations. Dawn’s satellite propulsion business is forecast to more than double during 2022. Based on current units in space and in production, we’re fast on track to become the number one supplier of green-chemical propulsion systems globally.