Delivering hardware to space. Positioning satellites on orbit.
Dawn is looking for a talented, creative thinking superstar Lead Software Engineer with a proven track of leading high-performance teams to join our Software Team in Christchurch, New Zealand.
As the Lead Software Engineer, you will have skill, leadership and wisdom. You will be using these attributes to solve complex problems within unchartered territory – leading a software team to produce the brains that brings our spacecraft to life.
- Development of the full spacecraft software stacks
- Validation & verification of all software produced, including hardware/flight testing
- Building and organising a high-performance team of software engineers
- Setting standards and best practices for software development
- Working with other vehicle subsystems teams to bring the whole system to reality
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Experience leading high performance teams
- Relevant domain knowledge (aviation or space)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with C++14 or newer, as applied in low-level s/w (interacting with RTOS on embedded system) or high-level s/w (Qt5 application with complex user interface)
- Ample exposure to Docker, Git, CI/CD pipelines and DevOps best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively and simply communicate complex information
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of high criticality software and relevant tooling and processes common in regulated industries (e.g., DO-178/C, MISRA/AUTOSAR, etc.)
- Exposure to all steps in the software development cycle
- Experience with GitLab (Project Management / Runners)
You must have the desire and ability to work in a young company. If you want a smooth and routine role; this role is not for you. We believe in giving you the tools you need, then getting out of your way.
We are looking for candidates who can take the initiative and work with minimal direction.
System integration and flight testing are performed in Christchurch, New Zealand, so ideally, this is where you are located. For exceptional candidates, we will consider a location in Delft, the Netherlands.
If you are reliable, approachable, not afraid to roll up your sleeves, and are excited by the opportunity, please apply using the form on this page.
About Dawn Aerospace
Every week we see new companies coming to market, using space-based technology in new and exciting ways we had never before imagined. Our industry is at the same inflexion point the internet was back when we went from dial-up to broadband, but there are some significant hurdles to overcome.
Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine near-space transportation. Redefine how we deliver assets to space, position satellites on orbit and return things down to Earth to enable the vibrant and circular space economy of the future. To do this, we build scalable, accessible and sustainable spaceflight technologies – technologies that are sustainable for not just the foreseeable future, but the unforeseeable future.