Delivering hardware to space. Positioning satellites on orbit.
Dawn Aerospace is recruiting a Production Engineer to join our New Zealand team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a passionate community of engineers looking to scale up the production of our novel technology for small satellites and CubeSats.
This role is the beginning of a team that can implement and improve processes that produce our in-space satellite propulsion products. Through this, you will directly contribute to the success of our customers’ commercial, scientific and interplanetary spacecraft missions.
We are looking for candidates that are seeking a new challenge in the domain of production engineering. A big part of this will involve an ability to take initiative, collaborate effectively and suggest & implement pragmatic solutions.
- Establish a sound understanding of the value-adding aspects of current and future production processes
- Supervise and/or execute assigned production activities, ensuring they are performed to the required level of quality in a safe and efficient manner
- Diagnose problems in production and provide recommendations and support to resolve these
- Identify manufacturing needs for new products that are in development and start relevant conversations early
- Develop new lean production processes that are scalable, low cycle time and capable of meeting aerospace quality requirements
- Determine where new production activities will physically take place and design, implement and test the associated cells
- Generate associated documentation (production instructions)
- Analyse assigned production activities and make recommendations for improvements
Our main requirement is that you have a sound understanding of modern production principles coupled with experience working with others to roll these principles out in a production setting to a positive effect. We will need to see demonstrated examples of this. We are also seeking candidates with:
- A relevant university degree
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
In your application, please be sure to illustrate examples of your best work and what this achieved.
If you are reliable, positive, can take the initiative, and are excited by the opportunity to be part of an innovative and high performing team, please apply using the form on this page.
About Dawn Aerospace
Every week we see new companies coming to market, using space-based technology in new and exciting ways we had never before imagined. Our industry is at the same inflexion point the internet was back when we went from dial-up to broadband, but there are some significant hurdles to overcome.
Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine near-space transportation. Redefine how we deliver assets to space, position satellites on orbit and return things down to Earth to enable the vibrant and circular space economy of the future. To do this, we build scalable, accessible and sustainable spaceflight technologies – technologies that are sustainable for not just the foreseeable future, but the unforeseeable future.
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner.