Delivering hardware to space. Positioning satellites on orbit.
Dawn is looking for a talented, creative thinking Software Engineer with a proven track record to join our Space Systems Software Team in Christchurch, New Zealand.
As a senior Software Engineer, you will have skill, leadership and wisdom. You will be using these attributes to solve complex problems in uncharted territory to, safely, reliably, and repeatably control Dawn’s satellite propulsion systems – the engines inside our customers satellites.
You must have the desire and ability to work in a young company. We’re growing and so must you. If you want a smooth and routine role; this role is not the one. We believe in giving you the tools you need, then getting out of your way. We are looking for candidates who can take the initiative and work with minimal direction.
What you will do
- Help us deliver exciting new products to our global customers. Bring your knowledge, skills and self to the team.
- Development of the propulsion system software stack in a high-tech but challenging environment
- Proven quality through validation & verification of all software produced, including flight model testing, unit test, CI-CD
- Working in, and helping to build, a high-performance team of software engineers
- Role modelling, setting standards and best practice for software development in the software team
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Relevant domain knowledge (aerospace, aviation or other high-reliability industry)
- Experience with C++14 or newer, as applied in low-level s/w (interacting with RTOS on embedded system) or high-level s/w (Qt5 application with complex user interface)
- Ample exposure to Docker, Git, CI/CD pipelines and DevOps best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively and simply communicate complex information
What you will bring
- Experience with C, C++, Python, Bash and similar
- Knowledge of high criticality software and relevant tooling and processes common in regulated industries (e.g., DO-178/C, MISRA/AUTOSAR, etc.)
- Exposure to all steps in the software development cycle
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with GitLab (Project Management / Runners)