Are you looking for an ambitious project where you can own the quality for an end-to-end space plane project by establishing and improving development cycle process’. We believe in giving you the tools to get your job done, then getting out of your way. This is NOT a test engineer role. This is the process side of quality requiring heavy software reliability experience on a project with very few guidelines.
Are you up for the challenge?
This role provides leadership for process improvements, governance throughout the process, measurements system enhancements and tracking, and audit supervision. You will be:
- Setting standards and best practice for software development by role modelling and mentoring during software development projects.
- Building test frameworks. Automated pipelines, including quality checks and hardware in the loop frameworks.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of process quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Support software team to improve processes and establish software life cycle.
- Participate in review of source code changes and ensure all changes meet company coding standards.
- Working in, and helping build, a high-performance team of software engineers
You are exceptional in having:
Note: we don’t expect the candidates to meet all of them. So please don’t hesitate to apply if you unsure if you meet it all, we would like to hear from you!
- Proven working experience in software design, development or validation
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Highly skilled in at least two of the following Python, CMake, C++ or C.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Strong understanding of software life cycle.
- Exposure to Docker, Git, CI/CD pipelines and DevOps best practices
- Familiar with Safety Critical Software Development
- Aerospace Industry experience would be a huge advantage
- Strong team player
- High personal energy and self-accountability
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Able to lead by influence while working in a matrix environment
About Dawn Aerospace
The opportunities in space are limitless. Humanity is only just scratching the surface. Our industry is at the same inflexion point the internet was back when we went from dial-up to broadband.
Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine space transportation and enable a space economy that transforms the world. To do this, we build scalable, accessible and sustainable spaceflight technologies – technologies that are sustainable for not just the foreseeable future, but the unforeseeable future. Our technology is best in class, with many of our products on track to be the most popular in their segment by late next year.
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner.
Dawn Aerospace is an Accredited Employer with Immigration New Zealand.
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you.