GomSpace is a globally leading designer, integrator and manufacturer of high-end nanosatellites for customers in the academic, government and commercial markets.Our positions of strength include systems integration, nanosatellite subsystems and advanced miniaturised radio technology. Our international team is devoted to understanding our customer’s requirements and deliver flawlessly. We are listed in Stockholm (GOMX), headquartered in Denmark and have subsidiaries in Sweden, Singapore, North America and Luxembourg. We are more than 200 employees servicing customers in more than 55 countries.
GomSpace is looking for a “Deep Space Systems Engineer”.
The GomSpace Group, headquartered in Denmark, has established a subsidiary in Luxembourg, which is expanding its nanosatellite capabilities to Deep Space Missions. Listed in Stockholm, The GomSpace Group has a very good track record in the market for nanosatellites.
We are seeking a Deep Space Systems Engineer to work on ambitious deep-space cubesat missions. The work will include the design and development of the mission and spacecraft platform. You will be responsible for mission design, requirements development, performing trade studies, defining and managing interfaces, and conducting integration and test activities. Looking for engineer with cubesat experience, preferably with knowledge of spacecraft operations outside earth orbit. This role is based in Luxembourg.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for activities such as:
- Leading mission and spacecraft design
- Developing requirements and interfaces
- Performing system trade studies
- Establishing test plans and methodologies
- Developing conops, including mission operations (ground)
- Executing build and test
- Interfacing with ESA
- Providing system engineering functions at mission and system level
- Interfacing with subsystem hardware and software designers
We expect the Employee to Have the Following Qualifications:
- 4+ years work experience in the space industry, preferably in system engineering
- Understanding of system engineering processes and practices
- Understanding of deep space missions and relevance to spacecraft design
- Work in a small team, closely with hardware, software, mechanical, and systems engineers
- Experience managing small studies and projects
- Experience across project lifecycle (concept through execution)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Masters degree or higher in relevant field
Additional desired skills:
- Fault Detection, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR) Design
- Understanding spacecraft autonomy
- Structure complete test campaigns to ESA standards
- Experience with GN&C and optical navigation
GomSpace offers employment in a dynamic growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. We are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect our employees to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement our mission. We are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and our efforts will make a difference to society in the future. We have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organisation built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which we believe are essential to help our customers achieve their goals in space.
Sign Up for Our Mission:
You are welcome to send your application in either Danish or English. Interviews will be conducted on a continuous basis.
Salary and start date will be individually negotiated.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that we do not receive applications and resumes via e-mail or by personal appearance. This is to protect and show consideration for your personal information. Apply for the job by following the link below.