"For All Your Interplanetary Spacecraft Needs"
Bring your passion for space!
Redwire is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space by delivering reliable, economical, and sustainable infrastructure for future generations.
Made In Space, a Redwire business unit, is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space through specializing in space manufacturing technologies, developing space-optimized products to improve industrial machines on Earth, and developing advanced manufacturing technology that can support space exploration.
We have a current opportunity for a Sr. Robotics Engineer located at our facility in Jacksonville, FL. In this role, you will assist with the design, modifications, and building of robotic systems.
- Active participation and decision-making in the full design process for various robotic systems including design, modeling, construction, and testing.
- Involved with high level design of robotics controllers such as simulators, motion planning, and human-machine interfaces.
- Involvement in the creation of systems that will enable the industrialization of space.
- BS degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience
- Solid foundation in robotics: Kinematics and Dynamics, Motion Planning, Autonomy, Learning, Computer vision, Controls, Mechatronics, human-machine interfaces
- Experience working with current robotics research, such as neural networks
- Strong programming skills C, C++, Python, Matlab
- Experience with HW/SW integration
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- US citizen or legally authorized to work in the US (permanent resident/green card holder; visa sponsorship not accepted)
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in related field
- Experience with space/aerospace rated systems and conditions
- Computer vision
- Classical and Modern NN techniques
- Various modalities camera, LIDAR, Radar, sensor fusion
- Pose estimation
- SLAM, factor graphs, grid-based, a dense reconstruction
- Cognitive Architectures/Behavior-based robotics/Sense Plan Act
- Planning – POMDP, motion
- Search – A*, RRT, PRM, Greedy
- Modern, Reinforcement learning, NN
- Classical, SVM, Decision trees
- Classical and Modern
- Kinematics and Dynamics
- Open and closed chains
- Floating base
- Swarm/Fleet robotics
- Human Machine Interface
- GUI design
- Shared workspace collaboration
- Signal processing
- Filter design
- Information theory
- Fourier analysis
Grow with us as we innovate the next-generation capabilities for a new era of space exploration! We offer a highly competitive benefits package along with a commitment to our core values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Inclusion, and Excellence.
Redwire Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Redwire Space is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Redwire Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and your ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US. Note that some positions will also require US citizenship or the ability to obtain a security clearance due to the requirements of a classified program.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.