Deimos Space was created in 2001 with the goal of delivering high-tech systems and engineering solutions in the aerospace field. The company currently employs more than 200 engineers, and has become one of the key players in the European space sector.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry. We are looking for an experienced and motivated Software Engineer to join our team developing the next generation of spacecraft ground software and tools.
As a key member of our ground segment development team you will participate in the development of elements of DEIMOS Ground Segment software suit working in an international and multidisciplinary environment.
Several vacancies are available for this role oriented to the development of software for DEIMOS current and next generation spacecraft Ground Segment components using state of the art visualization technologies
The activities are meant to be executed on the company premises in Tres Cantos, in Madrid region.
- Participate in the development an evolution of existing and the next generation spacecraft ground segment assets part of DEIMOS gs4EO Ground Segment software suit
- Design and implement reusable code and libraries
- Ensure the technical feasibility of the software designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders towards achieving the project objectives
- Provide designs, prototypes and tests suits for the elements under his/her responsibility
- Participate in the project meetings
- Participate in project technical discussion other team members and stakeholders as required.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers
Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent demonstrated experience in a commercial environment
4+ years’ experience in the area of software development using java
- Experience, ideally demonstrated in a commercial environment, with web frontend development using technologies such as:
- Proficient Java skills, ideally demonstrated in a commercial environment
- Demonstrated experience working with relational databases
- Ability to work in a Linux environment (ideally CentOS) environment using a range of standard development tools
- Development and debugging of high quality code and adherence to coding best practices
- Experience the Vaadin framework
- Experience using Spring Boot
- Apache Maven
- Experience in planning and executing all stages of software engineering, from design to documentation according to a specified development process
- Experience in performing requirements analysis and elicitation based on formal and informal inputs
- Experience with Software development and test automation, including continuous integration
- Experience using Eclipse RCP
High level of English
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and convey complex technical information in simple terms
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Goal oriented
- Self-motivated and capable to work with little supervision if required.
- Please, enclose motivation letter to the application