Deimos Space was created in 2001 with the goal of delivering high-tech systems and engineering solutions in the aerospace field. The company currently employs more than 200 engineers, and has become one of the key players in the European space sector.
Senior Engineer with technical proficiency in GNSS solutions.
Opportunity to work on solution development for state-of-the-art projects in GNSS field, interacting with reference international customers in the areas of aerospace and aeronautics.
The candidate should have experience in the following:
- design/development of GNSS based navigation solutions for Earth and Space;
- GNSS based precise orbit determination solutions, on-board and on-ground;
- handling of GNSS concepts related to data processing, such as code and carrier phase measurements, atmospheric effects, integrity algorithms, and high accurate orbit and clock estimation;
- on-board sensor concepts and modelling, including inertial sensors, star-trackers, ISL, among others;
- orbital simulation, including effects such as Solar Radiation Pressure, gravitational forces, and third bodies;
- multi-GNSS and multi-frequency navigation algorithms;
- PPP, RTK, P2OD algorithms;
- S/W development in Matlab.
Lead the design and analysis of innovative GNSS-based concepts for precise orbit determination
- Develop concepts for several mission orbits and number of S/C;
- Analyse or define the requirements and design the architecture of the GNSS-based solution;
- Define analysis approach and performance metrics for trade-offs;
- Prepare consistent and comprehensive test plans;
Lead the validation of GNSS concepts
- Develop the S/W infrastructure for the automated execution of tests and validation;
- Ascertain the validity of GNSS input data and perform maintenance or adaptation accordingly.
- Demonstrating critical thinking in the analysis of the figures of merit, under different mission scenarios;
- Take corrective actions (debugging, tuning) until consistent and relevant results are obtained.
Document GNSS results and envision new paths
- Document test results, assessing system behavior and performances, and organizing the data in concise, informative diagrams;
- Summarize findings and derive conclusions from the data obtained in the study;
- Provide recommendations supported by the results of the study, for future experiments and missions
Participate in studies for institutional organizations and stakeholders in GNSS domain
- Prepare report sections for disseminations to target audiences, such as regulators, policy makers, performers, among others.
Develop pre-existing simulation S/W solutions to build GNSS demonstrators
- Familiarize and master S/W models related with simulation environments for GNSS receivers (past experience is a plus), such as:
- environment and dynamics;
- raw sensor data generators;
- S/C sensors;
- inertial measurement units;
- network emulator (A-GNSS, PPP, and RTK modes);
- GNSS S/W receiver;
- navigation algorithms;
- ground and on-board POD engines;
- analysis tools.
- Transfer simulation elements and algorithms from previous projects without loss of operationality;
- Adaptation of existing navigation algorithm to several navigation modes, associated with the different combinations of available measurement.
- Degree in Exact Sciences and Engineering, such as Physics, Aerospace, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Sciences, Mechanical Engineering
- Working experience is valued and can be levelled to academic degree
- Engineer with at least 3 years of experience in the practical application of the domains relevant to the post (relevant MSc & PhD studies would also be considered)
- The position will be tailored to the level of experience and additional industrial experience would be viewed very positively
Required: The following capabilities are required for the post:
- Good background in GNSS-related concepts;
- Good programming skills and experience with Matlab and Simulink.
Desired: The following capabilities are desired for the post:
- Practical experience in aeronautical/aerospace GNSS solutions;
- Background on advanced GNSS concepts, such as precise orbit determination, PPP, RTK, P2OD algorithms.
Fluent English – written and spoken
The ideal candidate is a committed team player, and should be at ease with timely execution of multiple tasks assigned.
Open minded to different cultures in working, he always uses a collaborative approach, helping to find shared solutions.