DEIMOS is selecting a candidate to be located at ESOC a Flight Dynamics Operations Engineering service to ESA
The primary areas of responsibility for this service is Test and Validation for AOCS related processes and products of Science Missions but the service provider may be requested to assume the responsibility and perform activities for additional services, missions and activities within the scope of general Flight Dynamics operations engineering services.
The service provider will be primarily assigned to a particular service within the Science Missions but with the possibility of supporting other services and/or missions.
Service to be provided are primarily related to JUICE.
Services may also be requested related to SOLAR ORBITER, BEPICOLOMBO, EUCLID.
The general activities to be supported by the service are (depending on the phase of the mission):
Test and Validation:
- Execution of and support to operational tasks
- Validation of operational Flight Dynamics data products, such as command parameter sets, reports, event predictions and acquisition data before delivery to FCT and other users)
Flight Dynamics Application Layer:
- Maintenance of elements of the Flight Dynamics Application Layer
Flight Dynamics System Development:
- Specification of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Implementation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Installation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements on operational platform(s)- design, coordination and implementation of tests
- Participation in tests
- Definition and maintenance of procedures
- Flight Dynamics (Sub-)System configuration and definition of Test & Validation processes
- Coordination of interfaces and activities across subsystems
General Flight Dynamics operations engineering activities
University degree in mathematics, physics, a relevant engineering field or astronomy.
Depending on the application category
- Analytical approach to technical problems to develop and implement engineering solutions.
- Thorough understanding of fundamental laws and phenomena in mathematics and physics and the skill to apply this knowledge.
- Very good skills in linear algebra and calculus.
- Very good skills in classical mechanics.
- Experience in computer programming.
- Will to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams.
- Experience in programming object-oriented languages, preferably C++.
- Experience with Linux. D03 Experience in numerical mathematics.
- Familiarity with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks
Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields.
- Ability to work independently
- Experience dealing with external interfaces