The mission of Elecnor Deimos is to provide high-technology engineering solutions, as well as information systems, products and services of maximum quality, innovation and added-value to its customers.
DEIMOS is selecting engineers for its Flight Software division, forming part of the Flight Systems Business Unit at our Tres Cantos (Madrid) premises.
The work of the FSW division is oriented to the specification, design, development and validation of Embedded Software and Hardware systems for space vehicles, including GNC systems, GNSS, Image processing, verification facilities, etc.
The following responsibilities are envisioned:
- Participation in the entire lifecycle of the development of embedded onboard systems, including implementation on different target hardware platforms of real-time image processing or artificial intelligence solutions
- Design and implementation of Software and Firmware
- Participation in the Software and System validation and system qualification
- Interaction with other different technical areas inside the Company (including areas such as AI/IP, GNC, GNSS), who are responsible for the definition of the specific algorithms that will be implemented onboard.
Required: A recognized engineering degree (Computer Sciences, Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications) with demonstrable experience in computer systems and software engineering.
Appreciated: Postgraduate studies (M.Sc or Ph.D) with a focus on software engineering, real-time software or embedded systems design
Required: Engineer with minimum experience of 4 to 7 years in the practical application of the domains relevant to the post (experience obtained while obtaining relevant M.Sc & PhD studies could also be considered as applicable for the position).
The position will be tailored to the level of experience. Industrial experience in the aerospace sector and/or critical software development will be viewed positively.
Required: The following capabilities are required for the position:
- Background in Software Engineering, including testing and verification.
- Excellent programming skills (C, C++, Python) and knowledge of software configuration control (GIT).
- Knowledge of implementation techniques for Image Processing or Neural Networks in target HW (eg. Nvidia GPU, Myriad VPU, Xilinx FPGA/SoC/MPSoC), and associated development tools (OpenCV, CUDA, Vivado, Vitis, TensorFlow…)
- Generation of project documentation, including requirements specifications, SW design, and other engineering documentation.
Desired: Experience in some of the following fields is desired but not indispensable:
- Practical experience in development of real time software in embedded systems
- Experience or knowledge of safety critical systems (automotive, railway, etc)
- Practical experience in communication buses, drivers and associated communication protocols (eg. Serial line, Ethernet, Bus CAN, SPI, etc.)
- Experience or knowledge of SW Coding Standards (MISRA-C)
Appreciated: Experience in any of the following would be viewed positively:
- Experience in multithread applications, real-time operating systems (eg. RTEMS, VxWorks, FreeRTOS, etc.), or embedded computers (eg. LEON, ARM)
- SW and Systems design documentation methodologies and tools: UML, SysML.
- DevOps infrastructure: Continuous integration strategies and tools (eg Jenkins)
English (Native or High level, spoken and written). Appreciated: Spanish.
- Capability to integrate in and work within a multidisciplinary team, in a collaborative international environment with full responsibility on specific areas of the work under development
- Initiative, autonomy and self-development. Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks.
- Responsibility towards the customer and colleagues. Proactive attitude to solve problems, identify priority actions and handle concurrent activities and deadlines
- Flexibility to participate in multiple projects or areas of activity
- Flexibility for sporadic travels and/or perform collocations in different DEIMOS branches, or in the premises of the DEIMOS customers
A few benefits you will get if you come to work with us:
- Innovative and leading-edge technological projects.
- Nice working climate in a multicultural environment.
- Annual specialised training plan: technologies, soft skills and languages.
- Flexible working hours and remote work several days per week.
- Team building activities: Christmas dinner, football matches, paddle tournaments, cycling routes…
- Relocation package, if you come from another country.
- Coffee, biscuits and fruit are available at your disposal.