Deimos Space was created in 2001 with the goal of delivering high-tech systems and engineering solutions in the aerospace field. The company currently employs more than 200 engineers, and has become one of the key players in the European space sector.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join our team developing the next generation of spacecraft ground software and tools.
As a Cybersecurity Engineer you will be expected to participate among others in the security requirements verification, software and system vulnerabilities analysis, hardening guides elaboration, risks analysis, security audit preparation.
The activities are meant to be executed on the company premises in Tres Cantos, in Madrid region.
- Act as the Cyber Security Engineer for DEIMOS Ground Segment Team
- Conduct Cyber resiliency analysis in order to identify the required cyber resiliency capabilities and how they are to be implemented within the context of the Ground Segment Architecture/Design.
- Perform system Security Risk Assessments (SRA) based upon available threat and vulnerability data.
- Define the initial Ground Segment Security Architecture in collaboration with the Systems
- Engineering Lead in order to identify the security elements and their relationships within the overall system architecture that meet the Ground Segment Security Requirements.
- Participate in the project meetings
- Participate in project technical discussion other team members and stakeholders as required.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
- Cyber Security discipline, Information Security/Systems Engineering or equivalent demonstrated experience in a commercial environment
- 3/4+ years proved experience in the Cyber Security discipline
- Understanding of Information Security Engineering
- Experience as a Space Cyber Security Engineer in similar programmes such as satellite ground stations, Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), remote sensing systems or military satellite communications (MilSatCom) systems.
- Experience of Cyber Security implementation is required.
- The ability to draft clearly and concisely, and to communicate effectivity is required.
- Ability to take responsibility for security aspects of a project, and work closely with project and technical management to deliver to time, quality and cost.
- Background in computer security, preferably obtained in a security operating centre or equivalent environment.
- Hands-on experience with Penetration tests.
- Advanced Software Engineering skills.
- High level of English (mandatory)
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and convey complex technical information in simple terms
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Goal oriented
- Self-motivated and capable to work with little supervision if required.