Deimos Space delivers high-tech systems and engineering solutions in the aerospace field. The company currently employs more than 200 engineers, and has become one of the key players in the European space sector. The recognized capabilities of the company have made it a reliable partner beyond the aerospace sector, because today Deimos Space is a global systems integrator that supports the adoption of technologies and develops business critical infrastructures in a wide variety of sectors, such as telecommunications, transport, energy, environment, aerial and maritime navigation, and digital transformation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry. We are looking for an experienced and motivated Software Engineers to join our team developing the next generation of spacecraft ground software and tools.
As a key member of our ground segment development team you will be expected to tale leadership role in the design and development of elements of DEIMOS mission control software product (control4EO) working in an international and multidisciplinary environment.
The activities are meant to be executed on the company premises in Tres Cantos, in Madrid region.
- Lead design and development activities to carry out evolutions of existing and next generation spacecraft mission control software based DEIMOS mission control software product (control4EO) part of DEIMOS gs4EO Ground Segment software suit
- Design and implement reusable code and libraries
- Ensure the technical feasibility of the software designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders towards achieving the project objectives
- Provide designs, prototypes and tests suits for the elements under his/her responsibility Participate in the project meetings
- Participate in project technical discussion other team members and stakeholders as required. Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent demonstrated experience in a commercial environment
- 4+ years experience in the area of software development using java
- Proficient Java skills, ideally demonstrated in a commercial environment
- Experience using spacecraft Telemetry and Command standards (e.g. CCSDS, PUS)
- Experience with Software development and test automation, including continuous integration
- Experience in the development of mission control software for space mission (e.g. SCOS2000, etc)
- Experience using Eclipse RCP
- Experience using Spring Boot
- Apache Maven
- High level of English
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and convey complex technical information in simple terms
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Goal oriented
- Self motivated and capable to work with little supervision if required