Deimos Space was created in 2001 with the goal of delivering high-tech systems and engineering solutions in the aerospace field. The company currently employs more than 200 engineers, and has become one of the key players in the European space sector.
DEIMOS Space is looking for enthusiastic and proactive candidates to integrate Data Systems division. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry.
We are looking for motivated engineers that want to start their professional career in a challenging domain such the aerospace sector.
The selected candidate will join our Earth Observation Payload Data Ground Segment team in charge of developing and evolve products that compose the payload data ground segment for satellite missions such as Monitoring facilities, Catalogues, Processing Infrastructures, Calibration and Validation, among others.
Successful candidate will be integrated in major European projects, having the opportunity to work in different Thematic areas for Data Exploitation Platforms.
The selected candidate will have the responsibilities as Product Owner in the domain of monitoring facilities:
- Analysis of the Application Requirements.
- The design of software modules as parts of Ground Segment and Exploitation platform applications.
- Development of software modules using continuous integration.
- System validation and generation of test data.
- Support to the Operations in a DevOps approach as responsible for the development.
- Management of the development tasks in a tool, such as JIRA.
- Documentation of the Ground Segment and Exploitation platform applications (Design, User Manual, …) as well as contributions to the System level documents.
- A university degree in computer science or similar.
- Candidates are expected to have at least 4 years of experience developing end-to-end software systems following Agile, Incremental or Waterfall lifecycles.
- They should have 2 years of experience in Monitoring systems for SW services and infrastructures.
It will be valuable experience developing software systems with (some of) the following disciplines:
- Catalogues, Processing Infrastructures
- Satellite processing tools
- Operational System integration and deployment in Containers and Virtualized Environments
- System Verification and Validation of SW systems.
The candidate shall have a background and experience covering the following areas:
- Experience in satellite data systems, in particular in monitoring subsystems.
- System analysis and design using UML or other modelling languages
- Java/C++/Python programming languages
- Knowledge of ETL systems
- Experience using versioning control tools such as GIT.
The following requirements are highly appreciated:
- Distributed System architectures
- Relational databases, (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle) and no-SQL databases (mongo, elastic search)
- Knowledge about Mission planning and Flight Dynamics.
- Machine Learning.
- Knowledge of deployment techniques using containers (Docker) and Virtualization
- Knowledge of standards of Open geospatial consortium
- Experience in Linux environments
- Fluent English, verbal and written (B2 or higher)
- Excellent communication, and team working skills;
- Must be highly proactive, self-motivated and dynamic;
- Must be willing to take ownership of issues and drive them to a successful resolution;
- Must be able to work independently and deliver high quality work.