Deimos Space was created in 2001 with the goal of delivering high-tech systems and engineering solutions in the aerospace field. The company currently employs more than 200 engineers, and has become one of the key players in the European space sector. The recognized capabilities of the company have made it a reliable partner beyond the aerospace sector, because today Deimos Space is a global systems integrator that supports the adoption of technologies and develops business critical infrastructures in a wide variety of sectors, such as telecommunications, transport, energy, environment, aerial and maritime navigation, and digital transformation.
DEIMOS is selecting engineers for its Embedded Systems Competence Centre, forming part of the Flight Systems Business Unit at our Tres Cantos (Madrid) premises.
The work of the ES Competence Centre is oriented to the specification, design, development and validation of Embedded Software and Hardware systems for space vehicles, including GNC systems, GNSS, Image processing, verification facilities, etc.
The following responsibilities are envisioned:
- Participation in the entire lifecycle of the development of embedded critical software, from its conception to its final validation and qualification
- Participation in the design of safety critical & real-time solutions
- Design and implementation of Software and Firmware solutions
- Development of PIL / HIL verification test-benches
- A recognized engineering degree (Computer Sciences, Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications) or a related degree (e.g. Aerospace) with demonstrable experience in computer systems and software engineering.
- Postgraduate studies (M.Sc or Ph.D) with a focus on software engineering, real-time software or FPGA design
- Engineer with experience of at least 1 or 2 years in the practical application of the domains relevant to the post (experience along relevant M.Sc & PhD studies would also be considered as applicable for the position).
The position will be tailored to the level of experience. Industrial experience in the aerospace sector and/or critical software development will be viewed positively.
Required: The following capabilities are required for the post;:
- Solid theoretical background in: Software engineering, real-time software
- Good programming skills (C, C++, plus potentially others as Python or Ada) and knowledge of software configuration control (GIT, SVN, CI).
- Practical experience in multithread applications, at least in one real-time operating system (RTEMS, VxWorks, FreeRTOS, etc.) on an embedded computer architecture (LEON, ARM, PowerPC, etc.)
- Capable of generating project documentation, developing specifications and design, software development plans and other engineering documentation
Desired: Experience in some of the following fields is desired but not indispensable:
- Practical experience in development of embedded systems as e.g. ESA/European programmes, Automotive/Railway, or any demonstrable experience in safety critical or real time software development
Appreciated: Experience in any of the following would be viewed positively:
- Knowledge of critical software development standards (DO178, ECSS, etc.)
- Practical experience in communication buses, drivers and protocols (Bus CAN, 1553, SpaceWire, Serial line, LVDS, and associated communication protocols)
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and Mathworks® Embedded Coder
- Knowledge or practical experience in Hypervisors, Multi-core computers, Multi-core software applications, Time and Space Partitioning.
- Knowledge of Xilinx FPGAs or SoC devices (Virtex, Zynq-7000 or Zynq UltraScale+) and associated development tools (Vivado, Vivado HLS…)
- Spanish. Good level of English, spoken and written.
- Capability to integrate in and work within a multidisciplinary team, in an collaborative international environment with full responsibility on specific areas of the work under development
- Initiative, autonomy and self-development. Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks.
- Responsibility towards the customer and colleagues. Proactive attitude to solve problems, identify priority actions and handle concurrent activities and deadlines
- Flexibility for sporadic travels and/or perform collocations in different DEIMOS branches, or in the premises of the DEIMOS customers