Deimos Space was created in 2001 with the goal of delivering high-tech systems and engineering solutions in the aerospace field. The company currently employs more than 200 engineers, and has become one of the key players in the European space sector.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry.
We are looking for passionate engineers that enjoy challenging software development projects and you have an interest or background in mathematical algorithm developments.
As a key member of our ground segment development team you will participate in the design, development and maintenance of software libraries to be used by the European space industry in the context of accurate computations of mission related parameters for Earth Observation missions
The activities are meant to be executed on the company premises in Tres Cantos, in Madrid region.
- Participate in the development an evolution of existing and the next generation software libraries used in the context of accurate computations of mission related parameters for Earth Observation
- Design and implement reusable code and libraries in C, C++ and/or Java
- Ensure the technical feasibility of the software designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders towards achieving the project objectives
- Provide designs, prototypes and tests suits for the elements under his/her responsibility
- Participate in the project meetings
- Participate in project technical discussion other team members and stakeholders as required.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers
- Engineering, Mathematical, Physics degree or equivalent demonstrated experience in a similar roles.
- 3+ years experience in the area of software development using C/C++ participating in software development projects, preferably, in the context of mathematical algorithm developments
- Experience, ideally demonstrated in a commercial environment in mathematical algorithm developments
- Demonstrated C/C++ experience
- Development and debugging of high-quality code and adherence to coding best practices
- Java development skills
- Experience with Software development and test automation, including continuous integration
- Experience in planning and executing all stages of software engineering, from design to documentation according to a specified development process
- Experience in performing requirements analysis and elicitation based on formal and informal inputs
High level of English
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and convey complex technical information in simple terms
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Goal oriented
- Self motivated and capable to work with little supervision if required.