Deimos Space was created in 2001 with the goal of delivering high-tech systems and engineering solutions in the aerospace field. The company currently employs more than 200 engineers, and has become one of the key players in the European space sector.
DEIMOS Space is looking for enthusiastic and proactive candidates to join Data Systems division, in Madrid. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a growing, innovative business in the space industry. We are looking for motivated software engineer that wants to start his/her professional career in a challenging domain such as the aerospace sector. The selected candidate will join our Data Systems team and work in European Earth Observation projects.
The selected candidate will have the following duties:
- The design of software modules.
- Implementation of the software modules using continuous integration
- Development in Python and/or object-oriented programming languages.
- Help in the system validation.
- Report to the supervisor, using management tools (i.e. JIRA).
- Contribute to the project documentation
- A university degree in computer science or similar
- No professional experience is required.
The candidate shall have a background and experience covering the following areas:
- System analysis and design using UML or other modelling languages
- Java/C++/Python programming languages
- Relational databases, (e.g. MySqL, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Development using Linux (Bash scripts, … )
The following requirements are highly appreciated:
- Understanding of Distributed System architectures and Virtualization.
- Big data technologies such as Map Reduce, nosql database (i.e. Elastic Search)
- Knowledge in Machine Learning.
- XML related technologies (XSL, XSD, XPATH)
- Knowledge of deployment techniques using containers (Docker)
- Work done with satellite data or Remote Sensing datasets.
- Experience using versioning control tools such as GIT.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written (B2 or higher) Fluency in Spanish will be considered as a plus, but is not required
- Excellent communication, and team working skills;
- Must be highly proactive, self-motivated and dynamic;
- Must be willing to take ownership of issues and drive them to a successful resolution;
- Must be able to work independently and deliver high quality work.