The mission of Elecnor Deimos is to provide high-technology engineering solutions, as well as information systems, products and services of maximum quality, innovation and added-value to its customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry. We are looking for an experienced and motivated Software Engineer to join our team developing the next generation of spacecraft ground software and tools.
As a key member of our ground segment development team you will participate in the development of DEIMOS Ground Segment software suit working in an international and multidisciplinary environment.
You will be expected to participate in the analysis, design and implementation/validation of software systems, following the applicable development standards and support the deployment and maintenance of such software systems.
- Participate in the development an evolution of existing and the next generation spacecraft ground segment assets part of DEIMOS Ground Segment software suit (gs4EO)
- Ensure the technical feasibility of the software designs
- Participate in project technical discussion other team members and stakeholders as required.
- Provide designs, prototypes and tests suits for the elements under his/her responsibility
- Design and implement reusable code and libraries
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders towards achieving the project objectives
- Participate in project meetings as required
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers
Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent demonstrated experience in a commercial environment
2+ years’ experience in the area of software development using Java
- Experience, ideally demonstrated in a commercial environment using technologies such as:
- Java, ideally demonstrated in a commercial environment
- Relational databases
- Ability to work in a Linux environment (ideally CentOS) environment using a range of standard development tools
- Development and debugging of high-quality code and adherence to coding best practices
- Experience with Software development and test automation, including continuous integration
- Experience using Spring Boot
- Apache Maven
- C++ and Python experience is a plus but not mandatory
- Experience the Vaadin framework is a plus but not mandatory
- Experience with XML technologies: XML, XSD, XSL
- Experience in planning and executing all stages of software engineering, from design to documentation according to a specified development process
- Experience in performing requirements analysis and elicitation based on formal and informal inputs
- Experience using Eclipse RCP
High level of English
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and convey complex technical information in simple terms
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Goal oriented
- Self-motivated and capable to work with little supervision if required.
A few benefits you will get if you come to work with us:
- Innovative and leading-edge technological projects.
- Nice working climate in a multicultural environment.
- Annual specialised training plan: technologies, soft skills and languages.
- Flexible working hours and remote work several days per week.
- Team building activities: Christmas dinner, football matches, paddle tournaments, cycling routes…
- Relocation package, if you come from another country.
- Coffee, biscuits and fruit are available at your disposal.