Deimos Space delivers high-tech systems and engineering solutions in the aerospace field. The company currently employs more than 200 engineers, and has become one of the key players in the European space sector. The recognized capabilities of the company have made it a reliable partner beyond the aerospace sector, because today Deimos Space is a global systems integrator that supports the adoption of technologies and develops business critical infrastructures in a wide variety of sectors, such as telecommunications, transport, energy, environment, aerial and maritime navigation, and digital transformation.
Deimos Engineering and Systems
Deimos Space is selecting an engineer to provide competent multidisciplinary support to ongoing and future Programmes, be responsible of different activities, covering the System
Engineering, Mission Analysis and Product Assurance activities of each programme
and the coordination of all other areas within a mission.
Being in a complex Division the candidate shall develop different roles depending on the project phase or areas needs. The main duties can be summarizes as:
- Performing the consolidation of mission requirements, their apportionment among elements, the definition of interfaces and the verification of achieved performances;
- Coordination of overall system engineering with speciality engineering areas and activities;
- Contribution to the equipments, sub-systems and provider selection strategy in the company, in agreement with the needs of other company areas and know-how.
- Performing the analyses of the different aspects relevant for different missions (EO, telecommunications, …) on their own or as part of a larger constellation, or even a number of concurrent constellation;
- Conducting, reviewing and consolidating Mission and System analysis tasks in particular on mission planning, downlink strategy & geo-location accuracy;
- Providing expert support, as required, to the Missions Manager during different project Phases of the projects (A to E1);
- Consolidating and applying standard work methods and subsequent document structures for Mission and System analysis;
- Being the Technical Officer of mission software procured by the division, to support the analysis.
- Preparation of project product assurance documentation, e.g. PA & Safety Plans;
- Setting standards for quality as well as health and safety within the projects;
- Ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with standards at both national and international level;
- Reviewing customer requirements to ensure that they can be/are being met;
- Preparation and management of deviations (RFD/W’s, NCR’s, corrective actions…) and participation in their reviews (NRB/MRB’s, audits, …);
- Interact with customers and suppliers in Quality/Product Assurance matters.
- Applicants for this post should have a university degree in space engineering (space vehicles) or equivalent qualification in an engineering field or related subject that provide them a wide knowledge in space environment and its associated technologies.
- Up to five years of professional experience in relevant positions in Earth Observation or other space programmes. A solid experience with end-to-end mission and system analysis of Earth Observation missions is required, including Space components (in particular on-board operation, communication and calibration) and Ground elements (Mission Planning systems, S and X-Band ground stations,). Involvement in projects from other engineering areas (industrial, civil,…) will be highly valued. Experience and deep knowledge implementing space standards ECSS Experience and/or knowledge implementing Product Assurance Programme Experience and/or knowledge developing Subsystems (AOCS, OBC, EPS, …) trade-offs and reliability analysis.
- Mastering of at least three of the following technical areas:
- Space Systems Engineering,
- Mission Analysis
- Space Systems Operations,
- Requirements elicitation, formalization and flowdown,
- Architectural design and Integration of complex systems,
- Verification and testing. Knowledge of the state of the art instruments, tools, techniques, methods and standards for the engineering disciplines under this responsibility.
- Knowledge of system engineering processes, spacecraft modes and algorithms, modelling, simulation and analysis, and requirements verification, safety, hazard and failure management, dependability, security.
- Fluent in English and Spanish. Knowledge of other common European languages (French, German, Italian) shall be an asset.
- The Systems and Mission Engineer shall have proven leadership skills, the ability to understand and synthesise complex technical and programmatic information, coupled with good interpersonal and communication capabilities and a proven ability to apply them to the interactions with programme managers, participants and stakeholders. The successful candidate will be required to work in a diverse and international environment involving extensive teamwork as well as holding responsibility as study team leader of a technical multidisciplinary team. Excellent teamworking and relationship management skills are therefore required, together with the ability to achieve solutions in line with team objectives.