Deimos Space delivers high-tech systems and engineering solutions in the aerospace field. The company currently employs more than 200 engineers, and has become one of the key players in the European space sector. The recognized capabilities of the company have made it a reliable partner beyond the aerospace sector, because today Deimos Space is a global systems integrator that supports the adoption of technologies and develops business critical infrastructures in a wide variety of sectors, such as telecommunications, transport, energy, environment, aerial and maritime navigation, and digital transformation.
Deimos Space UK
Deimos Space is selecting enthusiastic and proactive engineers to integrate Data Systems division, in Harwell (Oxford) UK.
The candidates shall design and implement C++ software processing algorithms for scientific data acquired by optical instruments onboard an Earth Observation satellite. These will be used in the ground processor to generate L1 and L2 products.
- Software development
- Software Validation and Verification
- Work with software lead when required to help create the design and support project goals
- A degree in computer science, physics, engineering, mathematics or similar is preferred although not essential if the candidate has the right experience.
- The candidate should have some experience in software development. The position can be tailored depending upon the level of experience.
- Industrial experience would be viewed positively.
- Experience in ESA/European programmes is welcome.
- Experience in the Instrument Processing Chain would be helpful
- Programming languages: Some experience of using C/C++. Experienced Java developers will also be considered and retained in C++.
- Java, MATLAB and web service experience is useful.
- Software engineering methods and techniques.
- A good understanding of maths/physics is helpful.
- Experience in developing or using computer simulations of real-world systems, or in analysis of data.
- Knowledge of image processing techniques should be considered an asset
- High level of English
- Ability to work in teams.