At DEIMOS, we provide high-technology engineering solutions and information systems, for the space industry. Our areas of expertise include systems engineering, ground segment, mission analysis & design, onboard software, and others. We work in the fields of Science and Exploration, Satellite Navigation, Earth Observation, Space Situational Awareness, and Launchers.
Elecnor Deimos is looking for a newly qualified engineer to join the operations team of the Data Systems business unit in the space division. This operations team makes up the first line of support in the operational system such as Service4EO.
The teams and clients we deal with are of a multitude of different nationalities and are located in different European countries. The work is carried out in English.
The work methodology that we follow is an approach to DevOps, therefore we differentiate the software development tasks and the operations that derive from it once the systems are operational. Thus, the main tasks that the candidate will take care of are:
- Planning: Participation in meetings with development teams to plan development of improvements, corrections, establish priorities and any issue that affects both teams in relation to the operation of the system.
- Release: Monitoring of the validation of new releases, corrections and new functionalities.
- Deployment: Plan and deploy the new versions or corrections in the operational platform.
- Operation: Follow-up of operational procedures to ensure the correct functioning of the service. Sometimes you will also have to create new procedures or improve existing ones.
- Monitoring: Resolution of tickets opened by users and opening tickets for development describing the problems found.
Computer Engineering, Telecommunications or similar.
No experience required, training scholarships will be valued.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge of Jenkins or Bamboo
- Terraform, Openshift, Helm or similar (Infrastructure as code)
- Understanding of the fundamentals of networks
- Linux / UNIX generalist
- Python, bash or any scripting language
- Bonus: Atlassian suite integrated with JIRA as a tool for ticket management.
- Bonus: Knowledge of the components of a ground segment and more particularly of the systems that usually make up a PDGS and their functions is desirable.
English Level C1 – Minimum B2
The candidate must be able to integrate into multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
The ability to work in a team is highly appreciated.
Interpersonal skills are highly appreciated.
A high reaction capacity in stressful situations and rapid learning are necessary.
Organizational skills and a sense of order are desirable.