Deimos Space was created in 2001 with the goal of delivering high-tech systems and engineering solutions in the aerospace field. The company currently employs more than 200 engineers, and has become one of the key players in the European space sector.
We are seeking a skilled engineer to join the SSA team, who should be passionate about Space Safety and Sustainability.
This engineer will contribute to the execution of projects for UKSA, ESA and other customers, in which the analysis of SSA aspects or developments of SW systems is required. The engineer will be working in the collaborative environment of the Space Safety team in growing UK branch of Deimos Space. Deimos space has been involved in the development of many widely used SSA tools. The engineer joining us will enjoy the possibility of working on space safety projects crossing the entire SSST chain, from sensor development to tracking and characterisation of objects to risk assessment and mitigation strategy development.
- Research on SSA projects.
- Technical work on national and international projects.
- Development of software tools for SSA.
- Validation of software tools for SSA.
- Contribution to project documentation.
- Technical support for SSA proposals.
- Interaction with clients, and the wider SSA community.
- Contribution to commercial and marketing activities.
Depending on the experience of candidate, further functions may include:
- Project management activities, including managing client and subcontractor relations, leading project teams, preparation of project development plans and delivery of project outcomes.
- Mentorship of junior team members in the SSA division.
- Documentation Review in support of project milestones.
- Proposal preparation.
- Support of training activities within the SSA division and across divisions.
- Travel to conferences to represent the company.
MSc (or higher) in Aerospace Engineering (or similar)
Candidate must have, as a minimum, experience in working environment (at least an internship should have been completed)
- Knowledge of the SSA domain and challenges
- Knowledge of the use of AI and machine learning in the space domain
- Experience working on collaborative industrial projects
- Experience working on international projects
- Knowledge of ESA procedures and guidelines
- Relevant experience developing software tools in python
- Knowledge of verification and validation procedures
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of software development tools such as bitbucket, git and sonarqube
- Knowledge of SSA topics, SST, Space Weather and NEOs
- Knowledge of programming languages (at least python, also desirable are FORTRAN, C, C++, java)
- Knowledge of Linux environment
- Fluency in both oral and written English
- Pro active and committed to excellence
- Ability to work both Collaboratively and Independently
- Good Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Availability for work travel
- Leadership ability
- Good communication skills
- Please, enclose motivation letter to the application.