Plan your career with us
RUAG Space is part of the international RUAG group which is active in the fields of Aerospace and Defence and employs more than 9,000 employees worldwide. We are Europe’s largest, independent supplier to the aerospace industry. In Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, Finland, Germany and in the USA we develop, produce and test subsystems and components for Space applications. Heritage, flexibility and outstanding reliability make RUAG Space the partner of choice for producers of satellites and the launch services industry all over the world.
- Works with the engineering design and analysis groups to ensure first article and recurring production meets performance expectations
- Supports non-conformance disposition in coordination with Production and Engineering teams
- Supports trade studies and engineering changes driven by production learning
- Interface with design and tooling engineering to optimize design for production
- Participates in the final check-out of hardware
- Provides technical support for the Engineering Department for Structural and Mechanical aspects of day to day engineering
- Assist in training of other team members on mechanical standards and processes
- Provides input to a risk management plan to anticipate risks that adversely impact operations
- Provides technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel
- Support Procurement activities to source suppliers for various services and spare part
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with CATIA V5 CAD system and engineering drawing changes
- Composite and Metallic design experience
- Experience with Composite structural repairs
- Familiarity with tooling design
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and familiar with MS Project
- Strong understanding of Mechanical Design principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with root cause analysis
- Autonomous and self-starter
- Highly organized, systematic, and precise
- Exceptional teaming skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work effectively with operators, maintenance technicians, engineers, managers
- Analytical understanding and critical thinking skills
- Ability to support production operations as needed, including after-hours call in support
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
RUAG Space USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
Mention you found them on Careers In Space!