At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud – Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Development or Maintenance Support Position Software Engineers, based in ESAC, Madrid.
Software engineer support is required for software engineering tasks in the development / maintenance or enhancement the SOC systems.
The main services required include:
- Write technical requirements for SOC and archives subsystems and provide flow down from higher level requirements
- Analysis of functionalities of existing SW systems and assessment of potential reusability
- Analysis of requirements and propagation of impacts
- Perform SW architectural design as needed
- Implement/Maintain one or more subsystems/modules according to the requirements in the agreed language using the agreed tools
- Development and integration of scientific algorithms
- Coding scientific algorithms in specified language following detailed mathematical descriptions
- Integrating these algorithms into the SOC framework.
- Testing and validating new implemented functionality (unit / integration tests) using simulation data
- Optimize new code in terms of memory / CPU usage
- Collaborate external scientists as needed
- Ensure timely delivery of SW releases and relative increments
- Deploy and configure new versions of the systems/modules on the validation and operational systems as requested
- Software Configuration, integration and setting up of operating systems and layered software
- Support the definition of Operational SGS Procedures (for procedures involving the use of SW)
- Training and supervision of SOC operators for the Operational tasks
- Contribute to System verification and scientific validation
- Aid in the definition, conduction and analysis of large-scale testing campaigns including a first assessment of the scientific quality of results
- Documenting results of test campaigns in the form of validation test reports x Contribute to the definition of Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and interface definitions
- Provide documentation for subsystems and manage change requests via Change Control Boards
Specific Software Engineering Support for SPICE
- Mission-specific SPICE Kernels Preparation
- Auxiliary Data Conversion System Development and Maintenance
- SPICE Archive Generation
- Auxiliary Data Handling Technical Support and Consultancy
- SPICE Training and Community Capacity Building
- Scientific Geometry Data Analysis and Exploitation Services
The Ideal Candidate
Specific Software Engineering qualifications required:
- High level of expertise in Solar System geometry and ancillary information data and systems (including SPICE)
- Experience in providing support and interacting with instrument scientists and engineers and with the scientific community
- Knowledge of science operations planning is an advantage
- Development of Web Applications, experience with Apache Tomcat technologies
- Knowledge of XML/JSON technologies
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies