ICEYE is building the world’s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day – even when it’s cloudy or dark – and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised over $60M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international startup with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done, we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a DevOps Engineer to our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
We run software in the cloud – mainly AWS – while remaining platform agnostic for securing business continuity. Parts of the infrastructure are also located at satellite ground stations and selected customer locations. Some of the technologies you will use to help build and maintain our product delivery services include, but are not limited to: Terraform, Ansible, Python, AWS, REST, SCIM, Kubernetes, Istio, VMware, Splunk, Packer, Git. As part of the job, you will also get to affect DevOps best practices and have say in technology choices. Your team values security, quality and understands the importance of schedules to the overall business.
What challenges you will help us solve:
We build and operate a growing number of internal and external software services whose purposes range from image ordering and order tracking to data processing and constellation optimization. As our software grows more complex, we want to make our deployments easier, faster and more reliable. This requires constant improvements in our development tools, CI/CD systems and underlying platform of the services.
Your daily tasks:
- Implement, maintain and help to supervise product deployments
- Participate in shaping architecture of customer facing services
- Cooperate with other teams in migrating to microservices approach
- Orchestrate and securing CI/CD pipeline
- Participate in on-call support for production deployments
- Plan and implement automated change control
Your attributes that we need:
- You’re well versed in Linux and networking
- Good general understanding of software development practices
- Experience in coding/scripting fully automated service deliveries (Ansible, AWS, Terraform, Python)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes/Istio would be a significant advantage
- Knowledge and interest in quality control
- Desire to learn new things and to improve existing solutions
- Emphasis of security in your actions
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time, training, conferences or certification schemes
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Compensation for language courses, conferences etc.
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.