DiGi, part of the Telenor Group, has received a multitude of awards for its innovation and services, and has even been named Malaysia’s most innovative company. Through its corporate initiative, Deep Green, DiGi is committed to a sustainable business that is financially and ecologically responsible to all stakeholders.
Programme Management manages a suite of interdependent projects that together contribute to longer-term business strategy and provide benefits that cannot be achieved by the individual projects in isolation, or they manage multiple project managers who are each leading a part of a portfolio or programme.
This position will lead large programmes of high complexity and risk and has the following accountabilities:
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project/programme lifecycle.
- To support preparation of RFQ/RFP, and other special projects and obtain approval from the Investment Committee
- Rigorously manage scope through a structured change management process to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost, and quality parameters with focus on delivering the business benefits.
- Create and validate financial forecasts and investment proposals and provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and expenditures. Use creative costing and business models to capitalize on greater leverage power.
- Ensure appropriate stakeholder change and communication plans and engagements are developed and executed.
- Partner with business stakeholders to validate the programme’s strategic business case, define success metrics and criteria, and to identify, measure, and sustain planned vs. achieved benefits. Proactively look for additional benefits to be delivered by taking advantage of systems, processes, and data already in place or being deployed.
- Apply Digi project management and IT control/assurance methodologies, standards and processes including architecture, information risk management, and transition to support.
- Create a motivated high-performing team through team building, information sharing, workload management, and appropriate recognition. Develop the skills of team members through coaching and delegation.
- Establish and maintain appropriate and effective Governance structures and procedures to obtain resources, drive decisions, resolve issues, and deliver programme objectives.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to identify and address the major factors, assumptions and risks (including technical, business, adoption, organizational, government, cultural, etc.) that may influence programme direction and success. As parameters and external influences change, adjusts the programme approach to improve the delivery of intended benefits.
- Prioritize and adjust resources, activities, and schedules across projects and programmes to balance risk and effort between strategic business change and ongoing operations. Optimize resource allocation based on organizational priorities, capacity, skills, and development needs, taking advantage of cross-business sharing wherever possible.
- Champion the development of long-term Programme Management capability within Digi through bringing external perspectives, identifying and promoting best practices, coaching others on advanced skills, and contributing to community building.
- Quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders and understand their strategic priorities. Resolve conflict and deliver tough messages with grace.
- Motivate and advocate for the team while removing barriers so that the team can complete its objectives while managing pressure.
- Creating executive-level communications.
- Take calculated risks and apply judgment to make timely decisions that will maximize value.
- Balance execution efficiency with risk mitigation, value delivery, cost, and quality.
- Understand integration between project goals and business context when responding to challenges and change
Skills & Requirements:
- A 4-year degree in IT or a related field.
- 12+ years in IT with 10+ years of IT Project or Programme Management experience
- Experience managing large and complex programmes
- Professional certifications related to project or programme management (e.g. PMP, MSP, PgMP).
- Demonstrated learning agility in ambiguous and unfamiliar situations.
- Very strong stakeholder management skills, including coaching senior stakeholders, managing governance bodies, and creating executive-level communications.
- Advanced skills in business cases, financial management, and strategic thinking.
- Additional advantage with successful implementations of full-suite ERP (inclusive finance & supply chain) in any industries an with Telco industry.