ICEYE is building the world’s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time of day – even when it’s cloudy or dark.
ICEYE is building the world’s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time of day – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $65M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international growth company with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
We are now looking for a Director, Contract Delivery Management to join our Operations & Product Delivery team. This position is located in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
- Lead a team of contract delivery managers in the successful management and execution of 10+ concurrent customer contracts ranging from software project development near-real-time services
- Directly involved in representing Operations in the Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) stage of proposals and takes ownership of fully executed contracts until the end of the Period of Performance (PoP)
- Establish processes for systematic project kick-offs (internal & external) to include: project slide / document generation, project work plan/schedule, risk assessments, reporting and final deployment and/or project close-out
- Assume duties as the customer’s primary contractual point of contact on all matters until customer commitments are met or turned over to operations
- Responsible for creating and coordinating with Internal Project Management team to ensure customer product and service commitments and documented as internal projects are prioritized and/or deconflicted accordingly to ensure on-time delivery
- Hire and provide people management and career development to a technical diverse team of contract delivery managers
Ability to travel internationally as required
- 3+ years of experience in leading a team of 6+ technical project/product managers in the successful delivery of complex cross-team software projects from inception to completion
- 10+ years of working experience in space or comparable industry
- Relevant educational background and experience in working in a dynamic technology work environment
- Strong ability to pro-actively manage, motivate, communicate with ICEYE Technical Leadership and key stakeholder to deliver on commitments
- Highly attentive to details to include establishing milestones, dependencies and risk mitigation plans
- Ability to multi-task and be self-motivated in a highly disparate environment juggling multiple projects
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills (technical fluency in English required)
- Strong people skills / demonstrated interpersonal skills – experience with diverse cultural and technical backgrounds preferred
- A job that matters
- Unique experience and opportunity in the new-space industry
- Extraordinary possibility for self-development, research time, ability to attend trainings, conferences or certification schemes
- International environment
- Fully flexible working schedule
- Attractive working location in the middle of an inspiring start-up environment
- Start-up culture related events (sports activities and after work activities)
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, a voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.