The Director, Information Technology has the overall responsibility to serve as the strategic interface for MDA Canada for the purpose of business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management.
This individual has direct responsibility for MDA Canada’s ERP and business application development and support, and serves as the business relationship link between business unit and Enterprise IT Shared Services at the executive level. The Director, Information Technology communicates decisions, priorities and relevant project information to the Maxar Technologies CIO as well as MDA Canada’s COO / Leadership Team. The Director, Information Technology proactively shares knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
This individual will be proactive and anticipatory in their thinking, and provide significant value to the business units through the effective use of technology. This role will have direct reports that assist in delivery of the responsibilities outlined here. There are four other key Technology capabilities that cross MDA business units. Portfolio Delivery and Architecture, End User Services, Enterprise Applications, and Risk and Cyber Security.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of solutions.
- Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments needed by the Company, with a focus on enterprise and business applications.
- Act as the key liaison across all MDA Business Unit functional areas, and the Maxar CIO Enterprise Support Service organization.
- Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate across both internal and external CIO resources.
- Create shared vision of their respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms.
- Create consensus with both MDA and Maxar CIO functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
- Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive impact on the organization.
- Identify, screen and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet customer needs.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business unit strategies and financial management.
- Collaborate with architecture and operations teams to help ensure solution compatibility with enterprise standards.
- Collaborate with the Investment Governance process on the intake process and prioritization of candidate projects across the company.
- Planning processes, prepare and administer work unit operating budgets; provide recommendations on desired policies and goals and implement new/revised programs according to established guidelines.
- Participate in field research in pursuit of new solutions and to evaluate the applicability and usefulness of current solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university, or 10-15 yrs of IT and business/industry work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business segments.
- 3+ years leadership experience managing team(s) responsible in strategic planning, business development or client management and working with a broad range of diverse and complicated business units.
- 5+ years developing and executing strategic plans and/or project portfolios, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Operational execution excellence beyond just IT
- LEAN thinking to drive change that enables efficiencies and drives growth
- Systems thinking
- Team and collaboration orientation
- Problem solving
- Performance driven
- Learning orientation
- Public speaking
- Effective written/verbal communication skills
All candidates must be able to obtain Canadian Security Clearance and ITAR clearance.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity in the workplace.
With respects to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, MDA is proud to provide accommodation(s) during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please feel free to notify us.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.