We develop and manufactures spacecraft motion control components and advanced robotic systems. With over 25 years as a flight hardware supplier, Honeybee has established a track record of reliability and high performance for both government and private sector programs. Our flight services include new product development, build-to-print manufacturing, and design consulting. Core capabilities include attitude determination and control, power and signal transfer, motors and actuators, solar array deployment systems, dexterous manipulators, custom end-effectors, and robotic perception and control systems.
Find out what all the buzz is about!
If you are looking for a career that’s fast-paced and exciting, then you’ve come to the right place. With the amazing growth that Honeybee is experiencing, now is a great time to join our team. We offer a robust benefits package including; paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a generous offering of health and wellness options. Since 1983 Honeybee Robotics has been creating the world’s most advanced robotics systems for the world’s toughest environments. With projects ranging from Planetary Exploration to Open-Source Software and Spacecraft Systems, Honeybee Robotics has exciting opportunities in a wide variety of Research and Development fields. With locations in Longmont CO, Pasadena CA and Brooklyn NY, we offer impactful career opportunities coast to coast.
The Director of Finance will work closely with the SVP of Finance to develop solid accounting and controlling processes and procedures and to assist in long- and short-term planning and reporting.
- Develop and executes strategies and standards related to accounting policies, financial reporting, budgeting, and controls.
- Responsible for hiring and managing finance staff
- Responsible for the financial portion of the strategic 5-year plan
- Lead yearly operating planning process
- Lead monthly operating review process
- Lead monthly and quarterly financial forecasting process
- Oversee EAC / project reporting processes and suggest and implement improvements.
- Develop and implement processes to improve working capital days
- Lead and support the company’s ERP system including new module implementations
- Support due diligence and integration of new acquisitions as applicable
- Oversees monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close processes
- Perform monthly and weekly reporting to senior management
- Conducts ad hoc analyses of the organization’s finances and presents findings to executive leadership
- Coordinate and complete annual audits as the main POC for external audit
- Develops internal controls and oversees audits of policies and procedures
- BS degree in Accounting, Masters preferred
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility in accounting, finance and managerial role
- 5+ years of supervisory experience and minimum of 3 years of managerial experience
- Some experience with project accounting and government contract accounting
- Experience using ERP systems (we use IFS)
- Advanced skills in MS Office, specifically Excel, accounting software and databases
- Experience in the Aerospace and Defense sector is a plus
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to communicate both written (including PPT) and verbally
- Ability to develop, lead and mentor direct employees, peers and management
- Ability to drive strategic direction
- Strategic thinking skills