Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit.
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) – we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth. Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest. To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team.
Rocket Lab is its people. We are seeking passionate, highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
Director of Human Resources
The Director of HR is a senior management role that works closely with the CFO and SVP Global Ops to ensure people policy, procedures and strategy aligns with high level business objectives for the company. The role is key to adding value through improving employee engagement and maintaining a high-performance workforce.
Success in this position will require the development and execution of HR strategy, process and systems across the business. They will be involved in all aspects of HR, and will lead the US HR Team, ensuring high performance and alignment of company strategy and values. In addition, it is expected that this position will work closely with the New Zealand HR team to collaboratively ensure overall alignment of policy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the development of the future strategy and direction of the company.
- Coaches and supports leaders to effectively manage employment relations matters.
- Lead organisational talent management and succession planning.
- Lead cultural and employee engagement strategy and activity.
- Lead learning and development efforts.
- Manage, mentor and support the staff within the HR department.
- Ensure direct reports understand their role and responsibilities and receive timely feedback on their performance.
- Designs and implements people, culture and related policies, tools and frameworks to support organisational strategy.
- Oversee the administration of US payroll through 3rd party provider platform (Paychex migrating to Paylocity).
- Ensure budgets are accurate and maintained to support financial reporting requirements.
- Works with the Recruitment Consultant and HR team to develop and execute the recruitment strategy.
- Keeps up to date with latest employment law changes.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years’ of HR generalist experience.
- 5+ years’ of management experience.
- Bachelor’s or post graduate qualification in HR.
- Experience in start-up or companies going through rapid growth.
- Change management experience.
- Experience leading, managing and growing a diverse team on fast-paced projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally within a geographically disperse organization.
- Highly effective and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Take on new opportunities and tough challenges with purpose, urgency and discipline.
- Shape the agenda, creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Actively promote learning in department by following Rocket Lab’s formula for tackling new problems.
- Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.