Director of Hypersonics
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced "Crossbow") is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
X-Bow Systems is expanding and is looking to fill a new position, Director of Hypersonics.
As the Director of Hypersonics you will lead our team of scientists and engineers in the development and deployment of hypersonic technology. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our hypersonic program, from initial research and development to final production and deployment. This position requires a deep understanding of hypersonic technology and its application to both military and civilian fields.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for the company’s hypersonic program, aligning with organizational goals and objectives
- Lead and manage a team of scientists, engineers, and program managers to ensure successful execution of the program, from concept to deployment
- Oversee research and development efforts, including identifying areas of potential innovation, developing new technologies, and identifying and mitigating technical risks
- Collaborate with other departments within the company, including business development, marketing, and finance, to ensure successful execution of the program
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders, including government agencies, research institutions, and industry partners
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and standards, including those related to safety and quality
- Advanced degree in engineering, physics, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the hypersonics field, including experience managing large, complex programs
- Deep knowledge of hypersonic technology, including materials, propulsion systems, and guidance and control systems
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience leading cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and mitigate technical risks
- Experience working with government agencies and other external stakeholders is a plus
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Must be a US Persons as defined by § 120.62 of the ITAR
Stock Options, Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Paid Holidays, Vision Insurance, Retirement/401K plan with company match
If you are a seasoned professional with a passion for hypersonic technology and a proven track record of success, we encourage you to apply for this exciting and challenging opportunity. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, as well as opportunities for professional growth and development.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced “Crossbow”) is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.