Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology.
Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Director of Software Engineering to grow and lead our Software team based in our offices in Poland.
As a Director of Software Engineering you will hire and lead a software engineering team of Software Developers, Scrum Master and QA Engineers. You will ensure that the team works seamlessly as part of the global engineering team headquartered in Espoo Finland.
In this role you will report to the VP of Software Engineering and work as a member of the Software Engineering Management team.
Challenges you’ll help us solve:
- You will join our Software Development organization. The software teams are responsible for the systems that control our satellites in space as well as process the data they produce.
- We are now scaling up our organization and welcome an experienced software leader to help grow our team in Poland, the fastest growing part of the organization.
- This is a key role for our organization as we prepare for more growth. Your experience in empowering high-performance teams in a distributed environment is essential.
Your skillset and background:
- Background and strong skills in software development
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading software development teams
- Excellent leadership skills and servant leader mentality
- Track record of hiring and developing great engineers in various stages of their career
- Strong communication and collaboration skills that help you in creating and maintaining strong relationships across the ICEYE organization
- Experienced in working in multi-site development organizations
Our perks and benefits:
A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Private medical care
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- Coffee, tea, fruits to accompany your daily space mission
- Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!