Together, we’re reimagining the future.
Our Vision is to change the way the world communicates. Our Mission is to connect people and things.
We’re DISH. We’re the ones who pioneered the DVR and commercial-free TV. Colorado-born and family-owned, DISH has proudly served America since 1980. We make a point of listening to our customers and giving them what they want in an industry notorious for ignoring people. Of course, we’re proud of our past accomplishments, but our true excitement lies in the future.
We’re reimagining the way people watch TV with services like Sling and AirTV. We’re redefining the boundaries of communication and connectivity too, with wireless spectrum and the Internet of Things. Nothing is out of our reach, and the opportunity to shape the future of entertainment and technology has never been more tangible.
So, let’s roll up our sleeves and decide what the future looks like together.
Plans, supports, executes, and is capable of overseeing Telemetry, Tracking & Commanding (TT&C) operations on a fleet of 12 spacecraft, to include spacecraft commanding and stationkeeping activities, according to scheduled and dynamic operational requirements. Performs trending and analysis of spacecraft health data, prepares reports, and communicates status of spacecraft, projects, and operational activities. Executes TT&C operations, to include spacecraft ranging and commanding, during 24/7 rotating shift operations according to scheduled and dynamic operational requirements. Maintains shift logs, prepares reports, and provides timely project updates communicating work status and milestones. Initiates immediate responses to spacecraft and TT&C System anomalies. Performs escalation notification procedures. This position may require working a rotating shift schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will undergo an in-depth on-the-job training program and certification evaluation to attain and measure the skills required to perform the following duties:
- Conducts spacecraft state-of-health monitoring and telemetry trending operations.
- Responds to spacecraft and ground system alarms and initiates corrective actions.
- Evaluates spacecraft performance and troubleshoots operation of all spacecraft subsystems to optimize service and extend spacecraft mission life.
- Creates, reviews, and executes spacecraft and ground system operational procedures according to established operational policies and practices.
- Work with Spacecraft Engineers on assigned projects
- Prepares spacecraft command lists from engineering procedures.
- Configures and operates the TT&C System to include networked workstations, servers, switches, TT&C baseband units, and other communications equipment to support routine and anomalous operations.
- Uses a spectrum analyzer to diagnose and monitor spacecraft and TT&C ground system status.
Skills and Requirements
- Candidates are in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree (BS) in engineering, math, or physics from a four-year college or university. Prefer at least a junior-level undergrad student with at least 1 year remaining of college coursework. Minimum of 3.0 GPA preferred.
- This position requires access to US export controlled information. Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- This is a long-term internship (June – December) opportunity in GIlbert, AZ. During the school year we are looking for a student that can commit 8-20 hours per week. During a 10-week period in the summer, we would offer 40 hours of work per week to the selected intern.