Together, we’re reimagining the future.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- We’re setting our sights on transforming America’s wireless mobile industry. We’re doing it by building the country’s first virtualized, standalone 5G broadband network from the ground up. The foundation of a connected world, it’s a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic, and transformative needs of the future.
- It’s a blank slate — with the potential to foster some of the fastest, most agile technologies ever conceived. Transforming how people and things connect is only the first step.
- DISH Wireless is looking for a RF Wireless Planning and Optimization Engineer based in market. Engineer will report to the local Radio Frequency Planning and Optimization Manager and work with other local cross functional team within the market.
- Perform RF design activities related to building first standalone 5G broadband network in US.
- Optimize the end to end RF design, propagation modeling and prediction, for deployment of Macro Cell deployment.
- Determine equipment and power configurations.
- Work with eNB/RAN and UE teams on RF solutions including modifications to RF link budgets on a per site level basis to meet operations requirements.
- Perform site candidate evaluation and selection as well as site walks.
- Work with RF Management to establish design criteria, link budget and traffic analysis as needed for network design and update existing performance parameters for ongoing improvements as required.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
The ideal RF Wireless Design and Planning Engineer will have:
- BSEE/BSCS degree and/or at least 3 years of relevant LTE RF Design working experience, and 5+ years overall wireless experience in Design/Optimization or Operations roles including RF support of Site Acquisition and site Construction teams. Related Degree and Experience will be taken into consideration in lieu of BSEE/BSCS.
- Cellular/Mobile Technology proficiency in 4G/5G and NR theory and practical experience.
- Experience with macro and small cell nominal and final RF designs including development, operations, RF KPIs, and maintenance of RF link budgets for 3GPP technologies.
- Full proficiency in setting up, calibration, utilization and data processing of various LTE design and optimization equipment and software.
- Working knowledge of at least two of the common industry propagation/planning tools (like Planet or Atoll) and experience with model calibrations.
- Working knowledge of drive test data post-processing, map generation, frequency planning and interference matrix analysis and site database maintenance, using Windcatcher/Actix/Accuver.
- Understanding of equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators and experience performing inter-modulation and other external interference analysis.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace