Together, we’re reimagining the future.
DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We’re doing it by building the country’s first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it’s a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the changing world.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DISH Wireless is seeking a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer to build and manage the automation process for the continuous delivery (CI), continuous delivery (CD), and continuous validation (CV) of the 5G Network functions. This person will work with 5G network architects, network function ISVs, testers, and DISH’s engineering & operations teams to integrate, test, and deploy the artifacts necessary to realize zero-touch operations of DISH’s 5G network. We are looking for engineers with a passion for programming and knowledge in AWS Cloud technologies such as CodePipeline, CloudWatch, EKS, Lamda functions and BLS.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Develop, document and execute the DISH 5G network CI/CD automation processes involving CI/CD pipelines of AWS CodePipeline, CNF deployments, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), end to end automation across layers of cloud-based network functions
- Configure and manage the tools necessary to successfully deploy new features into the 5G network
- Create the necessary feedback loops to communicate the status of the pipeline to the stakeholders
- Configure and maintain the Git Repo, Docker registry, CI tool, configuration and deployment tools
- Learn, evaluate and implement new technologies to further our quality and delivery capabilities
- Create process to analyze logs as a way to determine the health of the feature deployment
- Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex quality issues
- Communicate clearly with Product Owners, Developers and management to establish understanding of issues to address and proposed solutions
- Provide technical oversight of 3rd party vendor’s deliverables to ensure what is being delivered meets DISH’s standards and can be scaled and operated by DISH.
- Communicate complicated problems to team members to ensure alignment and successful implementation
- Accountable for effectively communicating and managing changes ensuring sustainability of CI/CD DevOps process and its performance enhancement
- Engages in cooperative discussions with 3rd party cloud providers and DISH regional markets to implementation DISH 5G network s/w release roadmaps
Skills, Experience and Requirements
The successful Senior AWS DevOps Engineer will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical degree; 4-6 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of accumulated experience in programming, system integration, or software product deployment, using one or more of the following: Java, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, or advanced Shell scripting
- 3+ years of professional experience in development and deployment of containerized applications using Dockers, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, TKG, etc., in public or enterprise cloud environment
- 3+ years of experience with AWS, VMC, GCP or Azure in general, preferred to be AWS-certified
- 2+ years of experience using CI/CD and DevOps tools such as Java, Java Script, Python, Gitlab, GitLab-CI, Jira, Jenkins, Ansible, Splunk, Argo CD, with preference to AWS services, e.g. CodePipeline, CodeCommit, ECR, CloudWatch
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code practice and tools, such as Vault, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform
- Demonstrated experience in software application Lifecycle Management (LCM), and composition of JSON/YAML files
- Work knowledge of software defined network (SDN) architecture, 5G mobile network architecture, open API, and network orchestration
- Work knowledge of VLAN, IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing, and firewalling
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
We pride ourselves on developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. We are a true merit-based organization and work hard so there are no artificial barriers to one’s potential success. DISH is committed to a workforce where everyone’s opportunities are limitless.
Consistent with this commitment, DISH will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodation to otherwise qualified job applicants and employees with known physical or mental disabilities, unless doing so poses an undue hardship on the Company, poses a direct threat of substantial harm to the employee or others, or is otherwise not required by law.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace