Staff Engineer – RF Optimization
Together, we’re reimagining the future.
At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
What you will be doing
We are seeking Principal RF Optimization to join the DISH Wireless 5G Radio Frequency (RF) National team and act as the subject matter expert for optimization. The candidate will support talented field based optimization engineers in support of our 5G deployment. The successful candidate will join a talented team of optimization engineers to support deployment of 5G systems. He or she will interface with the Regional RF Team as well as the technology team on technical issues. They will also coordinate and facilitate detailed technical planning, ensure compliance to the guidelines and also serve to make change recommendations when required. In this role, you will:
- Support RF Engineers who are responsible for the optimization of the DISH 5G wireless network in the markets;
- Define and execute trials in “golden clusters” to validate the features that will be part of the network roadmap;
- Elaborate and create FOA’s with ORAN vendors;
- Own RF gold standard parameters and ensure market compliance to national RF guidelines;
- Manage external and internal partner relationships to drive new capabilities and automations in the design, deployment, optimization and performance of the 5G network;
- Develop and share documentation on system testing activities such as feature validation, test description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation and problem troubleshooting;
- Specify the high-level design for all levels of network support works with region/market to ensure best practices (National RF, Field RF, Technology and Operations team) are spread across the organization.
- Ownership of RF related high level designs standards and the associated implementation to ensure best practices (National RF, Field RF, Technology Team, and Operations) are spread across the organization
Skills and experience
Ideal Head of RF Optimization candidates have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical discipline (computer science or electrical engineering degree preferred);
- 7-10 years of experience in the wireless industry;
- Advanced management skills, including strategic thinking, self-awareness and team focused leadership;
- Mastery of wireless network architecture technologies, concepts and industry standards.
- Compensation: $103,369.00/Year – $129,121.00/Year
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace