Together, we’re reimagining the future.
At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
What you will be doing
We are seeking an Engineering addition to the Technology Implementation team to support the DISH Wireless 5G Radio Frequency (RF) National team and act as the subject matter expert for the definition of our 5G network roadmap. The successful candidate will join a team of passionate engineers to debug and test a world-class 5G network solution, with a main focus on the RF component. He or she will track, analyze and clarify standards and certification requirements to ensure that future DISH Certified SW/HW/Service products are in compliance.
The Technology Implementation team will help drive standards development and trends on particular topics based on internal product interests and actively participate in working group-level technical discussions and industrial standard milestones within DISH. The position will define the roadmap of RF features evolution according to the 3GPP standards. In this role, you will:
- Generate RF standards including test specifications in strategic areas;
- Collaborate cross-functionally to bring new technologies and standards into successful product launches on DISH’s wireless network;
- Develop technical contributions and proactively promote advances in wireless technology;
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology and technical areas;
- Support knowledgeable network architecture peers and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) business partners.
Skills and experience
Ideal Head of Technology Implementation candidates have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical discipline (computer science or electrical engineering degree preferred);
- 8-10 years experience working within wireless, specifically with delegations and standards (PhD
- Fellowships or similar programs will count towards the years of required experienced);
- Advanced knowledge of industry technical standards including 3GPP 5G, FCC, GSMA eSIM and 5GAA;
- Solid understanding of the 3GPP RF, L2/L3 (including MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC etc) or non-access stratum and of the related features up to 3GPP Release 16;
- Ability to translate 3GPP specifications and worldwide spectrum and telecommunications regulations into the device certification process;
- Experience with startup environments, big data and network analytics.
- Compensation: $103,369.00/Year – $129,212.00/Year
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace