Together, we’re reimagining the future.
At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
As a Telco Cloud Solution Expert, you will be validating and defining the best cloud solution architecture for Dish Wireless 5G ORAN Network.
The position will be central in bringing a solution design through the development phase into a mature product ready for commercial deployment.
The Telco Cloud solution Expert will interact closely with Dish key partners as well as Dish Technology, Engineering, Operations and RF Teams.
- Track industry best practices and evolution of open source based cloud native containerization and open-stack based virtualization platforms.
- Identify and define best practices for virtualized and cloud native RAN/CORE applications for mobile networks.
- Identify and define best practices for stateless, micro-services based application architecture, protocols and security requirements.
- Help define product requirements and drive the product roadmap features.
- Follow the development life cycle to ensure market requirements are properly captured and implemented in the products and solutions.
- Guide Technical Publication with documentation requirement and provide content input to ensure readiness in all aspects of new product introduction.
- Define Entry/Exit criteria for new software loads/releases migrating from
Sandbox > Integration > Pre-production > Production environments.
- Define test cases and evaluate performance behavior of new software releases in integration/pre-production/production environments .
- Support FOA/FFI testing and evaluation.
- Work closely with Dish Technology Team, RF, Engineering, Ops and Deployment Team to define automation call flows for zero-touch provisioning, commissioning and management of the CORE & RAN solution. This includes call flows for auto-healing, scaling in/ scaling out, migration, hitless SW upgrade, etc. Once the call flows are defined, identify the product specific requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Master of Science degree is required – Electrical Engineering or Communication Engineering or Computer Science degree is desired.
- Deep technical knowledge of Cloud Execution Environment & building of Cloud native applications.
- Proven success and expertise in architecting innovative solutions .
- Knowledge in Open-stack & various flavors, Infrastructure Virtualization, System management, Cloud
- Environments, NFV/SDN functions and PaaS.
- Cloud / Virtualization Helm, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, OpenShift, VMware vSphere / Tanzu.
- You have in-depth knowledge of cloud storage solutions on top of AWS, GCP, Azure and/or on-perm private cloud, such as Ceph, CephFS, GlusterFS.
- DevOps Jenkins, Git, Gerrit, Azure DevOps, Ansible, Terraform.
- Backend Knowledge Bash, Python, Go.
- PaaS Level solutions such as Keycload for IAM, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, DBaaS (such as MySQL, Cassandra).
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, OpenNESS and experience of deploying cloud native applications.
- Good understanding and knowledge of BMC, IPMI, PXE boot, RedFish, etc. for management of remote server.
- Good understanding of mobile operator network & deployment architecture and security requirements.
- Good understanding of 5G architecture and RAN concepts.
- 10+ years of experience in system engineering role with the majority of this time working on
- Virtualization/ Containerization technology and network automation.
- Has experience and is comfortable in interacting and presenting to senior executives.
Other Desired Qualifications (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge):
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD).
- You have low-level knowledge of virtualization environment KVM, Containers, Linux Kernel
- Optimization & Tuning.
- Tools Knowledge such as Robot, Selenium, Harbor, Artifactory, REST.
- You have good Knowledge of switching and routing configuration and protocols.
- You have hands-on experience with Open vSwitch, Multus SRIOV, DPDK.
- Front-End Knowledge ReactJS, Typescript (knowledge of other Front-End technologies is a plus).