Together, we’re reimagining the future.
At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
This role is seeking an experienced subject matter expert with demonstrated competence with 4G/5G wireless and IT technologies in Virtual/Cloud, Core, Edge, RAN and Transport network design, deployment, system integration, optimization, and network management.
As a Telco Systems E2E expert, you will be defining and validating the best E2E solution architecture for Dish Wireless 5G ORAN Network.
The position will be central in bringing a solution design through the development phase into a mature product ready for commercial deployment.
The Telco Systems Expert will interact closely with Dish key partners as well as Dish Technology, Engineering, Operations and RF Teams.
This role is ideal for someone with a unique blend of technical expertise, operational excellence, leadership skillset, and with strong prioritization, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Track industry best practices and evolution of open source based cloud native containerization and open-stack based virtualization platforms
- Identify and define best practices for virtualized and cloud native RAN/CORE applications for mobile networks
- Architect End to End 5G and IT Services solutions across Transport, SDN, Virtual/Cloud native Core, Edge and RAN nodes
- Help define product requirements and drive the product roadmap features
- Follow the development life cycle to ensure market requirements are properly captured and implemented in the products and solutions
- Guide Technical Publication with documentation requirement and provide content input to ensure readiness in all aspects of new product introduction
- Define Entry/Exit criteria for new software loads/releases migrating from
Sandbox > Integration > Pre-production > Production environments
- Define test cases and evaluate performance behavior of new software releases in integration/pre-production/production environments
- Support FOA/FFI testing and evaluation
- Work closely with Dish Technology Team, RF, Engineering, Ops and Deployment Team to define automation call flows for zero-touch provisioning, commissioning and management of the CORE &
- RAN solution. This includes call flows for auto-healing, scaling in/ scaling out, migration, hitless SW upgrade, etc. Once the call flows are defined, identify the product specific requirements
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science or Telecommunications Engineering (Masters or PHD will be favorable)
- 15+ years of overall wireless telecom industry experience as a service provider and/or equipment vendor architecting End to End technical, services, integration, and business needs of the 4G/5G wireless networks.
- 5-7 years in technical role, as an architect, R&D systems, product management and/or related area.
- Strong knowledge of End to End solutions for 4G/5G and IT network architecture across Core, Edge, RAN, Transport, Virtual/Cloud environments, orchestration and FCAPS platforms.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge across Telco services domains – Deploy, Support, Design,
- Planning, Consulting, System Integration, and Network Operations
- Good understanding of software development processes
Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Curious minded person striving for continuous learning and innovation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills