Together, we’re reimagining the future.
At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
As the Wireless Standards Expert you will be the technical authority for all O-RAN related standards questions (O-RAN Alliance, 3GPP, ETSI, GSMA etc…).
The Wireless Standards Expert will work closely with the Dish Technology Team and standard organizations and ensure our solution includes and supports the latest 5G O-RAN standards and innovations. You will bring the solution through the development phase into a mature product ready for commercial deployment in the industry’s first end-to-end, cloud-native 5G O-RAN network.
You will interact closely with Dish key partners, standard organizations, as well as Dish Technology, Engineering, Operations, Project Mgmt. and RF Teams.
- Provide active support and guidance to program management through the Network Development process
- Monitor standards body activities to and participate (if necessary) to influence the industry with innovative vision of the company (O-RAN Alliance, 3GPP, ETSI etc…)
- Performs technical evaluations of major system enhancements and major new customer requirements
- Help define product requirements and drive the product roadmap features
- Follow the development life cycle to ensure market/end-user requirements are properly captured and implemented in the products and solutions
- Guide Technical Publication with documentation requirement and provide content input to ensure readiness in all aspects of new product introduction
- Define Entry/Exit criteria for new software loads/releases migrating from
Sandbox > Integration > Pre-production > Production environments
- Define test cases and evaluate performance behavior of new software releases in integration/pre-production/production environments
- Support FOA/FFI testing and evaluation
- Work closely with Dish Technology Team, RF, Engineering, Ops and Deployment Team to define automation call flows for zero-touch provisioning, commissioning and management of the CORE & RAN solution. This includes call flows for auto-healing, scaling in/ scaling out, migration, hitless SW upgrade, etc. Once the call flows are defined, identify the product specific requirements
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science or Telecommunications Engineering (Masters or PHD will be favorable)
- Ten years of experience in Radio Access Network (RAN) or combined experience
- Proven track record from radio SW architect role with previous software development experience
- In-depth knowledge on mobile networks, especially on 3GPP and FCC LTE 4G and 5G standards in RAN and the interface between radio network and core network.
- Familiarity of ORAN split option 7-2x and related architecture design into both Radio and baseband directions is a plus
- Good understanding of software development processes
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills
- Curious minded person striving for continuous learning and innovation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- MS Degree in EE or CS or equivalent