Together, we’re reimagining the future.
At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
As an IP Network Expert, you will be defining and validating the best IP Transport Network architecture for Dish Wireless 5G ORAN Network.
The position will be central in bringing a solution design through the development phase into a mature product ready for commercial deployment.
This position requires an individual with proven technical skills in designing large, complex, advanced Layer 2 & 3 network routing and switching architectures. In addition, the chosen candidate should have skills and knowledge in the following: hardware, software, standards, design and architecture concepts, software defined network (SDN) architecture.
The IP Network Expert candidate should have a proven track record designing and architecting large, complex and advanced networks that requires CCIE level expertise with proven strong knowledge, design expertise and hands-on expertise in IP, routing, switching, Segment Routing, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, QoS, Security, VPN, eVPN, VX-LAN, IPv4, IPv6.
You will interact closely with Dish key partners as well as Dish Technology, PMO, Engineering, Operations and RF Teams.
- Translate Network Architecture to Network Development Project/Program Flows
- Evaluate Solution Readiness for Integration & Production
- Partner with Program Managers to execute development projects
- Capture and Document Knowledge for Engineering & Operations
- Follow the development life cycle to ensure market requirements are properly captured and implemented in the products and solutions
- Define Entry/Exit criteria for new software loads/releases migrating from
Sandbox > Integration > Pre-production > Production environments
- Define test cases and evaluate performance behavior of new software releases in integration/pre-production/production environments
- Support FOA/FFI testing and evaluation
- Work closely with Dish Technology Team, RF, Engineering, Ops and Deployment Team to define automation call flows for zero-touch provisioning, commissioning and management of the CORE & RAN solution.
- This includes call flows for auto-healing, scaling in/ scaling out, migration, hitless SW upgrade, etc. Once the call flows are defined, identify the product specific requirements
Track industry best practices and evolution of technologies/concepts within IP Networking
Education & Experience:
- Master’s (desired) or Bachelor’s (required) degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least ten years of experience with networks, network protocols, and IP networks
- Strong working level knowledge of IP Networking, including MPLS and Segment Routing. Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), signaling protocols (RSVP, LDP), QoS, IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, BRAS, NAT,DPI etc.
- A strong understanding of security technology in the areas of VPN, firewalls, proxy, and IDS/IPS as well as experience in Linux, Solaris and Windows
- Automation related technologies, including Python, Netconf, Yang, gRPC, gNMI, REST, etc.
- Proven success and expertise in architecting innovative solutions
- Good understanding of mobile operator network & deployment architecture and security requirements
- Good understanding of 5G architecture and RAN concepts
- Candidate must have a strong communication skills both verbally and written as well as strong problem solving skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize work and work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience as a system tester and experience in a lab test environment
- Other Desired Qualifications (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge):
- CISSP, CCNA certification, or GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- Check Point VSX experience
- Crossbeam, Fortinet and Cisco configuration experience
- TS/SCI Government Clearance
- Network and Hardware support experience as well as database design
- ISP Services Planning and Architecture
- ICDS Service Planning and Architecture
- ISP level data networks experience
- Hands-on experience with performance and security test gear
- Understanding of Internet security threats and mitigation techniques