Together, we’re reimagining the future.
DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We’re doing it by building the country’s first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it’s a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the changing world.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DISH Wireless is looking for a RF Wireless Planning and Optimization Engineer based in their local market. Engineers will report to the local Radio Frequency Planning and Optimization Manager and work with other local cross functional teams within the market.
- Perform RF design activities related to building the first standalone 5G broadband network in the US
- Optimize the end-to-end RF design, propagation modeling and prediction, for deployment of Macro Cell deployment
- Determine equipment and power configurations
- Work with eNB/RAN and UE teams on RF solutions including modifications to RF link budgets on a per site level basis to meet operations requirements
- Perform site candidate evaluation and selection as well as site walks
- Work with RF Management to establish design criteria, link budget and traffic analysis as needed for network design and update existing performance parameters for ongoing improvements as required
- Coordinate cell site call testing and optimization drive activities and troubleshoot cell site issues as they impede signing off on all tests passing in the market
Skills, Experience and Requirements
The ideal RF Wireless Design and Planning Engineer will have:
- A technical degree such as BSEE/BSCS and/or at least 2 years of wireless experience with a strong technical background and understanding of RF design principles
- Cellular/Mobile Technology proficiency in 4G/5G and NR theory and practical experience
- Experience with macro and small cell nominal and final RF designs including development, operations, RF KPIs, and maintenance of RF link budgets for 3GPP technologies
- Full proficiency in setting up, calibration, utilization and data processing of various LTE design and optimization equipment and software
- Working knowledge of at least two of the common industry propagation/planning tools (like Planet or Atoll) and experience with model calibrations
- Working knowledge of drive test data post-processing, map generation, frequency planning and interference matrix analysis and site database maintenance, using Windcatcher/Actix/Accuver
- Understanding of equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators and experience performing inter-modulation and other external interference analysis
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.