Together, we’re reimagining the future.
DISH Networks is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Spacecraft Controller will be performing daily shift activities and the correct execution of telemetry, tracking, and control (TT&C) operations to include spacecraft ranging and commanding during 24/7 rotating shift operations in accordance with scheduled and dynamic operational requirements. A Spacecraft Controller will maintain shift logs, prepare reports, and provide timely project updates, communicating work status and milestones, as well as initiating immediate responses to spacecraft and TT&C system anomalies. Additional responsibilities may include performing escalation notification procedures and striving to increase job related skills and professional knowledge.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with the technical development of junior team members
- Apply experience and professional judgment to evaluate, create, and implement innovative ground system configurations to support dynamic operational needs
- Make proper troubleshooting and/or escalation decisions about anomalous conditions
- Anticipate, coordinate, and establish ground system reconfigurations to assure robust TT&C link availability
- Analyze facts and principles and draw conclusions regarding spacecraft maneuver management
- Coordinate and implement crew activities to support engineering, management, and corporate requirements
- Re-enforce situational awareness of spacecraft operational activities, broadcast operations, company objectives, and advances in the space and communication media industries
- Maintain shift logs, prepare reports, and provide timely project updates communicating work status and milestones
- Initiate immediate response to spacecraft and TT&C system anomalies ,including escalation notification
- Investigate and analyze long- and short-term spacecraft performance trends.
- Manage the criteria used for monitoring all spacecraft subsystems
- Research, develop, and present advanced training materials to meet team and organization requirements.
Work Hours Supports 24X7 coverage. This role works a Panama Shift Schedule which is a slow rotating shift pattern. The working and non-working days follow this pattern: 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off. Every other week same days off – 3 day weekend. Shift can be days or mids.
Work Attire: Business Casual
Employment Type: Full-time, Direct-Hire, Hourly
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Seeking 1-5 years or more of post launch on-console/on-orbit spacecraft operations experience. Dish Systems has three levels of Spacecraft Controller positions (I, II, III)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident to comply with ITAR regulations
- High School graduate
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA’s):
- Must be able to visually monitor computer screens
- Respond to audible alarms
- Verbally interact on the telephone
- Read and comprehend business periodicals, technical procedures or government policies
- Communicate effectively through written and verbal reports/correspondence
- Knowledgeable of computer networking, programming and communications systems principles
- General or specialized knowledge of one or more of the following spacecraft systems and subsystems: Attitude, Propulsion, Power, Data Handling, Thermal, Mechanism, and Payload
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Comfortable presenting information and responding to questions from managers, corporate executives, and customer
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace